Best Laptop for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
no such thing... too many variables that tie into PC gaming to make a single system or model the absolute "best."

just shop around within your price range until you find something you like. i'm a toshiba guy so that's my recommendation, but other manufacturers make more affordable computers. look at onboard GPU, RAM and processing speed. you want a dual core CPU for gaming, so add that to your search filters.

As EXC pointed out there isn't one to rule em all kind of gaming laptop. You're best bet is to have a certain budget and then shop around that and find what fits you best. Give us some more information and we could find you some options. If you are looking for something extreme top of the line you can try custom builders like Falcon Northwest Fragbooks. Of course you will be paying a premium (like $5k) over a standard HP or Dell laptop and for some it's worth it. Also your ping is based on your connection not your GPU.

personally, if you're looking to spend over $1k you might as well just buy a desktop for gaming. there are some mainstream laptops that are great for moderate gaming but if you're looking to run some of the latest stuff you'll probably be disappointed in the performance dept. some manufacturers like sony and toshiba offer custom configurations but it's cheaper to buy a reference model and stay within set performance boundaries. $500 will get you a decent general-purpose laptop, so I'd start looking in that price range. Newegg and TigerDirect frequently have good deals so subscribe to either and you'll probably find something that catches your eye eventually.

Go with the Asus g73-jh. The A1 version has bluray, and A2 does not. The price range is anywhere from 1550 to 1700.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back