Best mobo with usb-3.0 + sata-3..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deviouz

Im wondering what the general consensus is for the best all around MOBO that has both USB-3.0 + SATA-3 implemented into it is..??

There is no "best" ,,, There are about 1000 different motherboards out there... give us five or ten to choose from.

I presume you mean SATA 6Gb ?

If thats the case then I'd have to say..............none.

Got deep pockets and more money than sense (+ some USB3.0 and SATA 6Gb hardware)
then its Asus P6X58D Premium, Asus Rampage III Extreme, Gigabyte X58A-UD7 or Gigabyte X58 Extreme 2.
P55 boards- unless you get one for the same price as a regular board then I really wouldn't bother as none of the solutions are all that attractive.
Boards either use:
a bridge chip (Asus mainstream/premium) that doesn't give full bandwidth as it converts 4 PCIe x1 lanes into 2 x 500mb/sec lanes for SATA 6Gb which has a maximum (theoretical) transfer speed of 600Mb/sec.
or...
They rob PCIe x16 lanes from the graphics cards (Asus budget boards, Gigabyte boards).
Both are far from ideal.
So unless Intel open up the P55 chipset's DMI to true PCIe 2.0 and enable more lanes, adding USB3.0 and SATA 6Gb means subtracting from the features already available on the board.

I suppose there's always AMD's <choke> 8xx series chipsets to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back