Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Viking

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeapingThongs

what is the best quality ram brand?

If you have trouble deciding.. feel free to vote randomly.

I bought PNY ram and non-PNY brand inside. Will never deal with PNY again.

ps. whats the difference between Kingston and Kingston HyperX?

I chose Kingston

Because my asus board recommends it.
Check your manual for it's recommended RAM.

hyperx is an overclocked ram used for high end gaming machines.
read the upgrading ram guide in the guides forum.

price has no bearing on ram quality, although if you go cheap, you tend to do poorly. value priced ram is most suitable in 99% of machines.

certain types of motherboards will only accept certain types of ram and brands. Asus and dell are infamous for this.

I've played with g skill and super talent in multiple asus rigs. My vote was for corsair. Mostly because I hear the least amount of problems with them. I think this is why its used for 90% of most professional benchmarking/reviews.

i've use kingston, corsair, and crucial ( all value ram). I've ran into problems with all 3, but the best warranty service was with crucial and kingston (less hassle)

G.SKILL is my choice. Been using it for over a year and a half, no problems at all. I was previously using some GeiL DDR RAM and that was great too.

Tedster said:
i've use kingston, corsair, and crucial ( all value ram). I've ran into problems with all 3, but the best warranty service was with crucial and kingston (less hassle)

"I wish all would read the guides first before posting."..............:p

Personally, I use Kingston value ram and have never had a problem with it. I`ve been using the same stick of ram for the last four years. I`m not saying it`s the best, but it`ll certainly do for me. ;)

Regards Howard :)

Back in about 2001 I had a stick of bad Crucial, they replaced it for me before I even sent the bad one back. I'm currently using Crucial in my Powerbook G4 which is notoriously picky on what RAM it will accept. I'm also running a couple gigs of it in my main PC. I've been very satisfied with them so that was what my vote was for.

If I was allowed to vote twice, I would also toss in a vote for Mushkin, I'm using 2 512 modules of it in my A64 and it has been great. I've also got a couple gigs of it in my slower C2D machine, again without problems.

I ran 2 gigs of Patriot in a C2D machine for a while, had to run it in compatability mode (on a cheap ASRock board) to get it to work, put it in a Gigabyte board and it ran perfect.

I guess what it boils down to is if it isn't giving you any problems there isn't any reason to dislike it. If you aren't pushing the timings and overclocking I doubt you'd see much difference between cheap RAM and expensive RAM, provided the cheap isn't defective.

had a batch of crucial go bad with in 1 year
never had a kingston fail yet
I have had other brands but happy with big K
anyone want to buy some cheap Rdram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back