Best Sound Card for Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many say that the onboard sound has become very good in the last few years and a sound card isn't needed. Creative's fiasco with poor driver/tech support and other dubious actions hasn't helped.

However there are some good options and depending on what you want to do such as Asus, etc. One compnayy that I really like is HT Omega. I don't know where to link for the UK nor do I know if you can purchase or if they fit your budget but here is a link for you to at least become familiar with their offerings:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...E&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=ht+omega

Acer (Gateway/Emachine), HP all seem to be using Realtek HD 7.1 sound chips with HDMI. No real issues but make sure they're updated. So look for PCI or PCI-E (better) with Realtek HD 7.1 sound.

I haven't encountered any bad Creative drivers... using an X-Fi Titanium with Win7 ultimate and it's working perfectly; sounds amazing. Hard to not recommend.

Yes the Creative drivers have improved greatly over the last couple of years... but so has on-board sound :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back