Best value GPU for £200ish?

stonarda

I have a brand new gaming and work rig I have been working on for quite some time now and all that is left to get is a good graphics card. My PC specs are as follows:
- AMD 8350 8-core processor
- Asus M5A99X Motherboard
- G7 Power Extreme 880W PSU with all the required PCIe power connectors
- OCZ 120GB SSD
- Western Green 1TB Hard Drive
- A CD Drive and Card Reader
- A CIT Case (not sure whihc model but will fit any graphics card inside)
- Single 1080p monitor capable of HDMI, VGA, DVI connections.
- Windows 8 64-bit edition

I am looking for a new graphics card to put into my build and hope to get one for around the £200 price mark (give or take about £30). I am only going to purchase it on amazon.co.uk (ebuyer and other sites don't seem as familiar unless it is a really good offer). I will be playing Crysis 2, Just Cause and COD and also will be using the rig for HD/HD+ live and pre-recorded video editing using lightworks and adobe after effects. I may even get a second monitor in the future for use with eyeinfinity and for more work space depending on how I get on. My preference is to go with AMD because I am a lot more familiar with their software and cards and have always used AMD in the past with no issues. I have looked at the following cards:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Club-3D-Rad...1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356631237&sr=8-1-fkmr0
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Club-3D-Rad...1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1356630047&sr=1-1

I want to know what really is the 'best bang for your buck' or the best performing card in this price range. I will be happy to overclock the cards if neccessary but only slightly (maybe add a max of 50mhz to both memeory and core clocks). Thanks a lot to anyone that replies! I don't have much experience in this area. It also needs to be future-proof.

Its supposed to be, but the one I am looking at only seems to be as good as the 7870 if it is overclocked. At stock frequencies it near to the 7870's performance.

Back