Bethesda reassures fans that its upcoming games will launch on Steam

Polycount

Although several game developers are ditching Steam in favor of Epic's Games Store, some companies are doing the exact opposite. Bethesda announced today that many of its major upcoming titles, including the likes of Doom: Eternal, Rage 2, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, and Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot, will all be launching on Steam.

If you haven't been following AAA gaming news lately, this may not seem like a particularly noteworthy announcement. If you have, however, you'll know that it certainly is - as stated before, several devs are opting to release their games exclusively on the Epic Games Store lately.

This is primarily due to the large payouts Epic likely offers them, but the Store's more developer-friendly revenue split (Epic only asks for 12 percent versus Valve's 30) is probably pretty attractive as well.

At any rate, given that some games have been pulled from the Steam storefront at the eleventh hour (such as Metro: Exodus) and switched over to Epic's alternative, this reassurance from Bethesda will likely come as a breath of fresh air to many.

Fallout 76, which has thus far only been available through Bethesda.net, will also be arriving on Steam in the near future.

Valve and Bethesda have always had a positive relationship, so this news shouldn't come as a surprise to fans of both companies. Still, its always nice to have this sort of thing confirmed - it demonstrates that Bethesda is still committed to Steam and its users, though it's impossible to say whether or not that might change down the line.

Permalink to story.

It's because most of their recent sales have been disappointing. Wolf 2 didn't sell well even though it was packaged with Vega as free games. And don't need to say about FO 76. Imagine them going exclusive will only hurt sales further.

"Fallout 76, which has thus far only been available through Bethesda.net, will also be arriving on Steam in the near future"
It's nice to see Bethesda at least have some respect for the dead...

"Bethesda announced today that many of its major upcoming titles will all be launching on Steam"
I'm holding out for Wolfenstein: Even More Politics Shoehorned In, Wolfenstein: Battle Royale, Wolfenstein: Franchise Fatigue. I mean Christ, the first Wolfenstein came out in 1981 for the C64. Yes, 1981. Would be great if Bethesda made some new games once in a while...

"Fallout 76, which has thus far only been available through Bethesda.net, will also be arriving on Steam in the near future"
It's nice to see Bethesda at least have some respect for the dead...

"Bethesda announced today that many of its major upcoming titles will all be launching on Steam"
I'm holding out for Wolfenstein: Even More Politics Shoehorned In, Wolfenstein: Battle Royale, Wolfenstein: Franchise Fatigue. I mean Christ, the first Wolfenstein came out in 1981 for the C64. Yes, 1981. Would be great if Bethesda made some new games once in a while...
There are many games that are released too often, like assassins creed, but wolfenstein is a bizzare choice. Sure, the first game came out in 1981, and 3d came out in.....1992. Bit of a jump there.

There have been more recent games, but it doesnt release so frequently to be tired. Now shoving SJW politics into the game will sure do it. Also, Bethesda didnt make that game, Machine Games did. Bethesda only makes fallout and skyrim 7: more bugs edition.

I'll hold out for more games to release on GoG. DRM on buggy games is so 1999.

Back