BIOS driver needed?

Marty7n

Hi i reccently tried clearing cmos on a second hand motherboard only to find out when i removed the cmos battery and chip my computer will not boot up most of the time,but when it actually shows anything on the screen it says
WWW.RM.COM

Press tab to enter setup or F1 to continue but my keyboard and mouse are not responding,i am trying to find a bios to download onto my usd stick to try reset it

mobo make is
ASUS P5GL-TMX/S
not having much look!

specs
3.0ghz cpu
512mb ramx3
40gb sata drive
phillips rw drive
psu

it was runing ubuntu before i done this
i tried to install windows 7 so i removed cmos battery and chip,obviously this was not the right thing to do trying to install my new windwos os!
any help much apreciated on what i should do??

Hi, i have to admit i can't find such a mobo, maybe you are using the wrong model
ASUS P5GL-TMX/S
that isn't on the asus website, you know to be sure run a software called speccy, it will give you more info of you real model.
The closest model that i found is ASUS P5GL-MX that is without the T so its -MX instead of -TMX.
Hope that helps

(robin-bga)you have not found it for a lot of big company reasons,its something got to do with product line and i think its an aftermarket asus made by a different company,iv searched high and low myself,any advice how i could try using the MX bios???i dont know if i can save the mobo or not :(

(captaincranky)it has a chip in the lower right corner with a blue X marker on it which i reckon is a boosted performance chip like as in overclocking i think i removed it and its all blank now doesnt boot up at all it bareley goes into the system startup screen half the time,sata ports above!

OK. there's really no such thing as a "BIOS driver". To the best of my knowledge there's no such thing as a socketed "overclocking chip". Admittedly my knowledge only extends so far.

I had a Foxconn Intel 945 board that did indeed have a socketed BIOS chip. Most, if not all, newer boards, (and many older), have the BIOS chip soldered in.

I'm really having difficulty accessing what you're trying to tell us. Your terminology is all over the map.

With that said, if the chip you pulled was indeed the BIOS chip, this person may be able to help you: http://www.biosman.com/

For clarification, a "driver" is basically single purpose software, that is intended to be used in conjunction with a specific piece of hardware, making it function.

For example, printers have a driver that must be user installed. CD and DVD drives have drivers that are automatically installed by Windows.

A BIOS is the "basic input output system". Maybe this Wiki page will help you to understand: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIOS

Back