Bioshock graphics issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy529

I have a Ati HD 2600, core2 duo t7300 @2ghz, and 2 gigs of ram

THe game runs well, but guns(while im holding them), some characters, water and walls are either black or clear.

I have tried down loading the latest gfx card drivers but they did not help the problem.

Any suggestions(in playing the steam version)?

Have you tried updating DirectX to the latest versions, Mircosoft release updates on their website they are not part of the auto update system so many dont know that they release them, they provide better support and often fix issues that your having, update both DX9 and 10 if using Vista.

Laptops aren't usually made for gaming, and my best guess would be that the GPU is overheating and causing these problems (called artifacts).

I have a Ati HD 2600, core2 duo t7300 @2ghz, and 2 gigs of ram

THe game runs well, but guns(while im holding them), some characters, water and walls are either black or clear.

I have tried down loading the latest gfx card drivers but they did not help the problem.

Any suggestions(in playing the steam version)?

Double-check to make sure you are using the latest drivers available for your card, and check AMD's site to see if your driver revision matches their latest.

Also, use the Catalyst Control Center to try different profiles for the game - turn settings on and turn settings off, relaunching the game one by one to see if anything changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back