Biostars overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

beef_jerky4104

Yesterday I decided that I should begin overclocking. I have a Biostar TForce motherboard so I should have had zero problems. I used the Biostar overclocking program. I upped my FSB and hit enter.

Then my PC locked up. My only option was to restart. I held in the buttom and booted it back up. Once back in windows I clicked on the biostar overclocking programs. My PC locked up again. Just to test it again I tried using the programs once more. I locked up a third time.

Believing it was a corrupt file I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it. The next thing I know biostars hardware monitor tells me that the CPU fan is dead. I checked the fan, it works fine. I checked Speedfan and it too said that the CPU was at 0 RPM. Infact it also reported that all my fans were at 0 RPM.

Fearing dead sensors (I have a faulty heat sensor. It constantly stated that my case is at 127C and never changes), I checked the bios. And guess what it the sensors do work.

I've tried updating my biostar tools from the website, and I've had no luck. IF you can help me please do.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I don't recommend overclocking with programs. BIOS should be the only way to go.

Can't help you with the sensor problem...

Its cool dude, its not like I've performance. I would just perfer to be able view diagnostics on my PC without having to restart it.

If nobody can help you with the sensor thing, I'd suggest getting a hardware temp monitor. Something like this would bypass anything you've got on your motherboard, and any problems your OS/software might come up with.

There are many of them out there, so just choose one that you like. It comes with its own temperature probe, just position that right next to your CPU, on the underside of the heatsink. The closer the better. Do not put it directly on top of the CPU as this will cause contact problems for your CPU and heatsink. I think you'd rather get readings that are lower than it actually is than to get an accurate reading, that is raised.

Tedster said:
wrong forum.

Not exactly this is the motherboard forum. The issues I had are with my motherboard. Therefore this thread is in the correct forum. However you are correct in thinking so.

This is kinda a grey area, he's having problems with the motherboard temp sensor, which is related to temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back