Black Friday: The best deals we've found on Nintendo Switch hardware and games

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Why it matters: Nintendo’s Black Friday deals are live, headlined by a sweet offering in which you can score one of the Switch’s top games absolutely free. GameStop also has a pretty sweet Black Friday sale, with several top Switch games commanding just $26.99 for a limited time.

Nintendo’s top deal includes a Nintendo Switch (the standard model, not the new OLED model or the Switch Lite) plus a download code for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and a three-month subscription to Nintendo Switch Online for $299.99.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe typically retails for $59.99 and a three-month Nintendo Switch Online membership sells for $7.99, so you’re essentially getting $67.98 worth of freebies with this deal. Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop and Target are all participating in this deal.

Nintendo is also offering $40 off the price of Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, bringing the price down to just $59.99 through November 27, or while supplies last.

Select Switch games are additionally on sale for $20 off, including New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Paper Mario: The Origami King, Kirby Star Allies and Super Mario Maker 2, among others.

The best deals on Switch games, however, are over at GameStop, where you can nab the aforementioned titles as well as The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition for just $26.99 each.

Other games, such as Catherine: Full Body, Just Dance 2022 and Sonic Mania / Team Sonic Racing, are marked down even further for a limited time.

Permalink to story.

Something that I have been wondering maybe someone with more knowledge on the "chip shortage" subject can help me with. How is it that the #1 selling console in the world is readily available when all the others are not, and at or near MSRP?

Something that I have been wondering maybe someone with more knowledge on the "chip shortage" subject can help me with. How is it that the #1 selling console in the world is readily available when all the others are not, and at or near MSRP?

The Nintendo Switch, like the previous poster mentioned, is not exactly a bleeding/cutting edge device. It's cheap.

6.2" 720p screen
custom NVIDIA Tegra ODNX02-A2 processor that underclocks severely when undocked.
2 x Samsung K4F6E304HB-MGCH 2GB LPDDR4 DRAM
16 Wh battery
1 tiny Delta fan

Scalpers.

Just more money to be made on PS5 and Xbox scalping

Back