Black Screen and System32 Folder on Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclipse245

Hey folks,

So I don't know why, but today I started up my PC, and there's nothing but a black screen and a system32 folder...I can run all programs...but I don't see taskbar or desktop or icons...just the folder.

Also....when I startup...I noticed that explorer.exe is running...so I end it...and the system32 folder shuts down....then i go to task manager "File>New Task" and type in explorer.exe....and everything appears and works fine....any idea why I startup with a black screen and nothing shows up though??

Thanks,

Peter

It's a reg file that may get your taskbar back (with its icons)

The Explorer folder popup is probably to do with a Startup entry, you can use this program to uncheck any unwanted startups.

The Explorer gina fault may be related to spyware as well. You may want to do a full scan of your AntiVirus and this Spyware program.

The Repair Vista, is sometimes the easiest solution.

okay...see....everything appears after I go to task manager and go to "File>New Task>And I type in 'explorer.exe'>OK" Everything works then...it's just on startup there's a black screen with the system32 folder open.....oddly enough...I scan the system 32 folder for viruses with NOD32, and it finds nothing...and there is a suspicious system32.exe file...that doesn't even say in description that Windows uses it...but I can't even find or NOD32 can't either in the System32 folder...and in properties of the process...that's where it is!! HELP!

I will try the vista repair, but I don't think that will solve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back