Black Screen With Video Card Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
While running vista i shut down my pc, hooked up extra internal hard drive and was having problems booting. So I disconnected extra hd and tried to boot like normal and I got a black screen with my video card specs at the top left corner. After trial and error, unplugging my video card, trying to boot with the original svga hookup that came with the Dell, still no luck. Most of the time it won't even go into BIOS, and when it does, I get some weird fonts like ?a over the top of the screen. I ordered a new video card, replaced the old one, hooked up everything and tried to boot and I get the black screen with my new video card specs at the top reading "RV505LE DDR2 BIOS 550E/400M VDVO" So I'm guessing it is not my video card now. Any suggestions? Everything was running perfectly fine until I got the bright idea of hooking up another internal HD that didn't work.

Thanks for the help.
Wayne

I got it to boot off the Vista CD to reinstall drivers and i got a blue screen after the drivers loaded. The blue screen error was "The driver is mismanaging system PTEs". Any ideas anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back