Blank Screen after BIOS update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put in my new video card ( ATI Radeon x1650 AGP) and I tried to get windows to work. It worked but kept shutting down with the BSOD. I searched around the internet and found that I should update my BIOS. I used the ASUS program to download and fix the BIOS that I had and BIOS 1.14 for my Motherboard (ASUS A7V8X-X) after installation I rebooted and my monitor wouldn't show anything a feeling went through my stomach that I had just screwed up big. I tried placing my 2 older video cards (ATI All-In-Wonder 9600, and an Nvidia card from 2000) the Nvidia card showed the screen and it said something about my disk crashing. Is there any way to recover my computers motherboard, or am i in too deep? Please reply if you have any information. Please speak in detail as I am not very educated in this area.

tedster, thank you for the post, but that isnt the problem, the bios update has pretty much screwed my pc over, the blank screen doesnt go away, and i cant get to the BIOS screen, because its blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back