Blips while playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharad88

well i have this problem with games..not all..but some!!!
when i run games there is a rectangular blip on my screen..near the bottom center!!
it keeps on coming and going..hence the BLIP..lol.. the blip is white or black..and sometimes the frequency changes..
i noticed sometimes it goes away in cut scenes!!!
well this problem does not hinder performance in any way but i was thinking maybe it has to do wid my graphics card or maybe even my LCD!!!
mind u..this problem does not surface in all games..
the last few games wid which i had this problem was Fallout,Dark sector and Fable..
the games which run widout ne probs were Dead Space,Fifa 09 and world of Goo,Crysis and warhead!!!!!

my specs are
2GB RAM,500HDD, MSI 9600GT,samsung 17inch,Q6600 and P-35 Mobo!!!!
any thoughts abt this???thanx!!!

okay...ill try this!!!
well there is nothing wrong wid the games atleast becoz the same games run perfectly on other systems!!!

Try another monitor. If that doesn't work, clean out any dust on your video card fan, and reseat the video card. If the blip is still there, reinstall your video drivers.

well the thing i cant get my head around is why this happens only in select games...like Crysis is a demanding game but nothing happens!!! but fallout had this problem..
ill get my CARD cleaned once!!! nething else that strikes you about this then please buzz!!!
thanx!!!

Did you try another monitor? Each game uses its own video settings and refresh rates, so some may play fine and others won't

well not yet!!!kinda doing projects and stuff...but ill do this tomorrow for sure..and ill hit u back wid update!!!
thanx..
peace

the weirdest thing just happened..after i had posted the last reply..i played dark sector again!!!
the only changes to the PC could be that i had removed the power cable of the LCD and then put it back again!!!i dont think i did nething else!!!but wen i played there was no blip!!!!nothing..i dunno if it was due to the monitor and im not sure when i realized it but it wasnt there..nothin imp changed in the PC!!!!:O

but yesterday i had some IMP. security updates by windows done to my PC..couple of them and the PC restarted after that!!!
so today i tried playing DARK sector and it came back!!!THE DAMN BLIP was BACK!!!
ne thoughts on this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back