Blue Screen device driver w/ DUMP FILES Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm180

I have been getting a BSOD for a few months now, just recently it started happening more frequently. I run XP SP2 with a Athlon XP 3000 on a ASUS Motherboard with 1 gig of ram. Any help would be greatly appreciated.I ran a debug log on my latest minidump and its attached below. I also attached my latest few minidumps in zip format. Thanks in advance

Sean

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    83.8 KB · Views: 7
  • debuglog.txt
    16 KB · Views: 6
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

2 of your minidumps crash with memory corruption. This is a sign of faulty ram.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Please let us know the outcome.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I will run the memtest and see what I get after 7 passes. Can you tell me if the latest ones were memory corruption?

Sean

Your two latest mindumps dated 14/10/05, and 13/10/05 respectively.

The one on the 14th crashed with ntoskrnl.exe. This is the Windows boot up kernel.

The one on the 13th crashed with javaw.exe. This is part of your Java application.

The fact that the other 2 minidumps both crashed with memory corruption leads me to believe you have a ram problem. This can cause all manner of blue screens.

If after ruling out the ram problem, you are still having problems, then we will have to start looking at other possible causes.

Regards Howard :) :)

I ran the memory tester with both ram modules installed and ran 8 passes and there were no errors what so ever. Should I try doing each chip by itself? Or is there anything else I should check on the system?

Thanks

Sean

Take out one of your ram modules, and try running you system as normal.

If the BSOD`s continue, swap the ram modules, and see if your system still crashes.

If your system then becomes stable, then you will know the culprit is your ram.

If the crashes continue, post more of your minidumps.

Regards Howard :)

I ran memtest on each stick of 512 ram with 10 passes on each and there were no errors what so ever. However this morning I was just reading an article on the web and the computer BSOD. It was a stop 0x000000c5 error and it said to run the driver verifier. Actually its the first time I have ever seen this error message before about the driver verifier.

Here is my lastest minidump from this morning

Sean

Attachments

• Mini101605-01.zip
    25 KB · Views: 8
It would seem that your Symantec security product is responsible this time.

Try uninstalling, and reinstalling the programme, also check for any updates, and patches.

You might also try turning off the live updates, as sometimes this can solve the problem.

If that doesn`t work, try a different security product.

Thanks for the info. Looks like Symantec did some update on my system through live update and it looks like it may have tried to reboot the system or something got screwed up because when the system came back up after the BSOD it said something was updated through Symantec before the BSOD occured according to the symantec logs.

I am thinking about calling around and see if any local tech shops have a memory tester so I can get a yes or no on whether my memory could be bad. I do not run matched memory. One was a kingston and the other was a no name brand that I got a few years back that has been the primary chip till I got the kingston about a 9 months ago.

I guess my only other option is to reformat and start from scratch. Also I have noticed that sometimes my desktop screen refreshes by itself at times usally after the computer is tasking something using alot of resourse the icons lose their icon pictures and reload from right to left till all the icons are appearing normal again. Possibly a hard drive going bad? slow access? I am not sure. I appreciate all your help so far and hopefully I can get this problem licked.

Sean

Ok there must be something seriously wrong because these are occuring more frequently and its ones I have never seen before. I just got a BSOD of Multiple_irp_complete_requests. Here is my latest dump.

Your Symantec security product is still showing up in your minidump, as is NVENET.sys which is the Nvidia nforce MCP Networking Driver.

Try reintslling your chipset drivers, and get rid of that crap Symantec.

I uninstalled and reinstalled my nortons security suite and updated all my MB drivers and network drivers. Everything was fine for a few days until today but I think I isolated it to a point on this problem I think it has something to do with me transferring files between two physical hard drives. Possibly a problem with the HDD. I was updating a game and the file was on the other drive and it BSOD after 30 seconds when the machine came back up I did it again but it was really slow in updating which makes me think one of the drives could be causing the problem. Here is my minidump from this one.

Thanks for all your help

Sean

Your minidump crashes at nvatabus.sys. Which is your Nvidia nForce IDE Driver.

Try reinstalling all your chipset drivers, with the latest ones from your mobo manufacturers website.

I have another minidump. At this point I at the point where I will probably just reinstall my OS and if that fails replace both my hard drives and I guess work down the line if its a hardware issue. Let me know what this one crashed.

Sean

In your opinion Howard where do you think my problem is? If I replaced all my drivers once already with the manufacturer drivers. Could this be a motherboard failure. My mobo is still under warranty so I could get in replaced.

Sean

You system crashes are quite varied. That`s why I suspected a ram problem.

Of course it might be that your cpu`s L2 cache ram is bad, or it`s a mobo problem.

Because your mobo is still under warranty, it wouldn`t hurt to try a new mobo.

Hardware errors are very difficult to diagnose.

Please let us know how you get on with the new mobo.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back