blue screen error code 0x0000007e

Status
Not open for further replies.

topps999

ok so i reinstalled vista ultimate a few days ago to get rid of a media player error code, and last night i installed alcohol 120% (this program allows you to run CD images without burning them to a disc)
now wen i boot up, my computer will stay on for about 1-3 minutes then the blue screen 'of death' come on gives me the error code '0x0000007e' then reboots my computer, this happens everytime, so i think it could have something to do with alcohol. also when i boot up and get on windows it is a very very slow, a lot of the programs are un-responsive, when i put in my vista/xp disk and try and start them from my computer it says 'nothing is on the disk', also a device driver icon comes in taskbar and it trys to install a bios-extension package (every boot), i did search google for this and found that it was a ram related problem (i think) so i had a twigle with the ram (switchin slots and trying differnet combinations, but no joy, also the whole computer is less then 4months old, if any could help me i'd be very very grateful, o yes, also when i put in a reformated disk, or my xp/vista disk in to the computer then try and load them from a boot (at bios screen), the format disk says ' inspecting hardware' reboots then does nothing, my xp disk loads then trys to install xp until hitting a invalid xp disk (when its valid) note it normall goes to a format section first to clear any unwated files, and my vista disk does nothing either, this is very frustrating, and if anybody could help i would be very grateful as i've tried everything, thanks a lot -topps-

That error is part of a standard memory dump following a hardware or software error... Most likely causes are bad memory module, or bad video graphics driver, or bad video card, or inadequate memory for the task.
But it may be also that you have a bad CD or DVD drive... not uncommon in a new machine.
First thing you have to do is assure that you do nothing that voids the warranty on that machine.
Remove Alcohol 120% using its removal tool or Add and Remove Programs, then attempt a reboot... Then regardless of whether it boots or not, report this incident at the techsupport site for whomever sold or built the computer for you.

i built the computer myself, the dvd drive is fine, the video card has been having some issues, and i kept getting this error, your video card stopped respondng but now is working again. but my mostrecent hardware change has been a new hdd, also i tried to remove alcohol but it told me that there was nothing to move, so i enter program files and delted it from there, do u know what else it could be, could it be anything to do with the device driver installing (bios extension package)? as this only started when i installed alcohol 120%... thanks for fast reply.

#1 cause is memory. #2 cause close behind, is a driver... usually the video graphics driver... I don't understand what Alcohol 120% could do to any hardware or driver, so I suspect it is in the Alcohol 120% driver or install related to Alcohol 120% that is the source bugger.
You are on the correct path. Let us know when you are satisfied you have figgered it out.

i have no idea and i think im gonna have to send it to my uncle who is a ict engineer, but the drivers i have for my gpu card are all new from the nvidia website, and could anybody explain what it means when it keepspoping up telling me that its installin a device driver 'bios extension package' as i believe this could be a vital cause to the problem thanks

Usually a BIOS extension or BIOS update is a necessary thing. It accommodates improvements in technology, or allows dealing with changes to operating systems and device drivers caused by Microsoft updates and other problem.
I would do a Custom update of all Microsoft Updates, then put the computer online with your manufacturer site to get all the device drivers updated.

i dont get enough time to do that, i get about 1-4 minutes beforeit comes up with blue screen, buring these minutes its very very laggy/slow and everything is unresponding, and i have all the latest drivers as i check for drvier updates monthly, also the bios update only appeared when i installed alcohol 120%

What version Alcohol? Anything below version 1.9.6.4719 will not work with Vista. This version works perfect. I had the same problem and it has been resolved with the new version..

yeah, i used an older version, i'll postpone installing alcohol until its new enough that there definitely are less/no kinks

my computer fixed itself after i ran it at "last known good configuration"

I have the same problem and can anyone tell me how to ran "last known good configuration" because i have just these options:
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Safe Mode with Network

Start Windows Normally

Please help me ???

Blue screen Cause

the blue screen (of death) can be caused by a great many things. In regards to getting the screen immediately after installing Alcohol - this is because older versions of Alcohol try to install an iSCSI driver on your machine (regardless of whether or not you even have iSCSI drives).

A few months ago this problem cost me a great deal of time but a simple system resote to any pre-Alcohol state will fix this problem without any worries.

I hope this is of use.

Hey DJPrendo check the date of these posts. Posts 1-10 made back in 2007 and Post 11 was made 4 months ago they have probably sorted these problems now ;)

woody1191 said:
Hey DJPrendo check the date of these posts. Posts 1-10 made back in 2007 and Post 11 was made 4 months ago they have probably sorted these problems now ;)

Excellent point, thanks - Hey it does say I'm in training though.

Thanks again

DJPrendo

Help!!! I've got a similar problem, only my computer's not drunk ;)

In other words, I haven't installed Alcohol 120%. Was minding my business and logitech was trying to update. As it was doing this, I started playing a pretty graphically simple video game. Got this message. Got a reboot.

I've read about a lot of fixes/solutions. Problem is this: The computer's usable for about 4 minutes at a time. No more. How can I put any fix to use if I can't use my computer? I'd like to download a debugger, run it, uninstall the logitech driver, etc. Any clue what I should do with my precious four minutes?

liquidpeppermnt this thread was created 06-01-2007

Your problem (although very similar) Should be in a New Thread

I would suggest that you run Memtest on your Ram before creating a new thread
(Obviously the Memtest boot CD would need to be created on a working computer first)

Yes we do that too. Not yell though !

You should view old threads for information
You should always create a New Thread for your issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back