Blue screen error code when loading Skype video

Status
Not open for further replies.

only1sandi

every time i try to load skype video my laptop crashes with blue screen error compute3r shutdown to protect itself from potential data blah blah
My computer is fujitso siemens amilo pro v3515 running windows xp
error signature is
bc code 1000008e
bcp1 C000008E
bcp2 BFOF5078
bcp3 EFD9E390
bcp4 00000000
OSVER 5_1_2600
SP 3_O
PRODUCT 768_1

desperately seeking a solution to this problem. My daughter emigrated three weeks ago and i miss her and my grandsons immensely. need to see them but this continuous crash every time i try to load skype video is getting me down and really could do with some help to fix this problem.,
Have taken skype out and downloaded again twice and it is still happening. Have checked the webcam and it says its working properly and can get it to load up in other programmes and take photos and see it though as soon as i try to make skype video call it crashes with blue screen error and the laptop re boots.
this also happens when i try to accept video call when using skype. i can use voice call fine its just the video call
thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Please do the following.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Also...

1. Are you attempting to connect to Skype with an integrated webcam in your system or is your webcam a separate one? If separate please tell us your make and model.

2. For clarification is your XP updated to Service Pack 3?

3. What security software are you running?

4. When connecting to the internet are you wired or wireless?

Edit Update: My gut tells me it isn't Skype per se but your webcam drivers or your security software, but hopefully the minidump files will give us a definitive cause.

Hi thanks for reply.
Answers are as follows
Webcam is separate. and have tried two different ones both which work on other laptops with skype. The one now is Argos laptop webcam
My xp is updated with service pack 3
Security software is AVG 9
my internet connection is wireless
thank you and I hope that you can help me get connected to skype video as soon as possible.
Alexandra Keen

Attachments

• Mini020810-03.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 3
  • Mini020810-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 4
  • Mini020810-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 4
To make them easier to read...

Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

@ only1sandi -- Can you tell us if your motherboard is an Asus made? If you can't please see if someone else can tell us. The reason I ask is because two of your errors are 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware (and a strong indicator of corrupted memory) but sometimes it can be caused by a driver.

The driver cited in both is the Skype driver s3gcil_inv.dll and Asus motherboards and this software have issues.

Your third error is another 0x8E and that minidump specifically cited corrupted memory as your issue. let's deal with the above fiirst before tackling this one. By the way, have you been getting system crashes other than when trying Skype?

Mini021210-03.dmp 12/02/2010 14:49:56 KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x1000008e 0xc000008e 0xbf0f5078 0xef8f0390 0x00000000 s3gcil_inv.dll s3gcil_inv.dll+107a 32-bit C:\WINDOWS\minidump\Mini021210-03.dmp 1 15 2600
Mini021210-02.dmp 12/02/2010 14:34:10 KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x1000008e 0xc000008e 0xbf0f5078 0xef281390 0x00000000 s3gcil_inv.dll s3gcil_inv.dll+107a 32-bit C:\WINDOWS\minidump\Mini021210-02.dmp 1 15 2600
Mini021210-01.dmp 12/02/2010 02:43:24 KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x1000008e 0xc000008e 0xbf0f5078 0xf0025390 0x00000000 s3gcil_inv.dll s3gcil_inv.dll+107a 32-bit C:\WINDOWS\minidump\Mini021210-01.dmp 1 15 2600

hi, yes motherboard is asus. I think there may be corrupted memory as should have 512 and was reading less than that. I have added now another 512 and its now reading 960.
I have checked my drivers as much as i can and there seems to be no errors that i can find.
My system never crashes at any other time.
ONLY SKYPE AND ONLY VIDEO BUT IT IS OUTGOING AND INCOMING VIDEO THAT CRASHES IT.
Yesterday i completely emptied the laptop. My friend talked me through taking all the old stuff off the laptop before putting windows back on.
I am at a loss what to do now. Have absolutely no idea. cant afford a new laptop so that is out of the question.
I hope that you can help me somehow. I am willing to try whatever you suggest.
thank you again for your help.
Sandi keen

s3gcil_inv.dll is a Skype driver. The reason I asked if it is an Asus motherboard is because there have been known issues with Asus mobos with VIA chipsets and Skype.

I hate to say it but you did not have to "empty your harddrive" and reinstall XP because that isn't/wasn't your issue. Go to your laptop manufacture's website, find your exact model and update all of their latest drivers for your system. Next update your XP to SP3.

Then reinstall your webcam and then update your webcam drivers followed by installing Skype. Let us know if the crashes continue.

If this does not work my best suggestion is to go and join the Skype forums and tell them what you experienced, the driver cited as causing the crash, your make and model of your laptop and the fact it does have an Asus motherboard.

* Let us know of your results.

hi there,
just read your reply. how silly do i feel. Will now go on to do what you have suggested and thank you for your help
Sandi Keen

hi there. Just to update you. tried everything that was suggested. Have just spent over an hour allowing remote access to my laptop. Have found the problem and what is causing the blue screen error. The webcam driver and the video driver on the laptop are conflicting as the video driver in the laptop is too old. And fujitsu has no updates for it. There is nothing wrong with the webcam its just causing conflict between them. It was suggested that i try using an older webcam if i can get hold of one.
Thought you would be interested what was discovered by allowing remote access which i cannot recommend enough. I accidentally came accross this and its virgin digital help. You can chat with them etc and allow remote access to them for problems if they can help. what a brilliant idea. You were also very helpful but at least between you and virgin digital help I now know the reason for the problem. lets hope i can solve it now.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP

You are welcome and conflict with competing drivers is a common problem. See if any of your tech friends can disable the Fujitsu webcam and then reinstall your webcam drivers/software.

It just might work.

Skype problems - blue screen

Hi only1sandi,

I searched in google for problems with skype video giving a blue error screen, which gave me your thread as a result. I

I have the same laptop, a fujitsu siemens amilo pro V3515.

I was wondering if you ever finally solved the problem and managed to get skype video working?

In the past I have managed to download old versions of skype and use the video fine, but I would like to be able to use newer versions to use the new features, and also sype downloads the new version automatically, and I do not want to continuously have to remove skype and download the old version!

If you could let me know, that would be great!

Thanks very much

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back