Blue screen on shutdown toshiba laptop

Pierre99998

Hi,

This problem is kind of weird; Sometimes during shutdown I am getting blue screen error on KS.SYS

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF880070A02CE
BCP3: FFFFF8800CA49CC0
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\060914-45505-01.dmp
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-84318-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I have AVG installed.

Pls help!

This is the minidump file (had to rename it to .txt because I wasn't allowed to upload it)

Attachments

• error.txt
    268.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
After googling it, I found out that it's related to video drivers. But there is no update for the laptop's vga.
Strange thing is that the blue screen doesn't always appear.

Attachments

• ks.jpg
    ks.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 4
Dose it appear when you are us certain program,or game? What video chip do you have amd or intel, nivida

Laptop has the ATI mobile 5145 HD. It appears when the laptop is shutdown (not all the times though) or restarted.
I've attached a photo on my previous comment. There was no upgrade or anything on the laptop; This seems to have appeared out of the sudden.
I also have the AVG antivirus along with antimalware bytes installed

I already installed those drivers. AVG support denies that the ks.sys is releated to AVG. Oh well, I am stucked:(

Well I am kinda out here to. Other then maybe uninstalling AVG with their uninstaller. Then try a different anti virus program. The only other thing I can think of. Which can some times be a pain. It a fresh install of your OS. This would fix the system file. Hopefully someone here will have a good Ideal.

Ks.sys can point to about anything including general Windows file corruption. Remove AVG and install and run free Microsoft Security Essentials. Then run SFC /scannow to check for and possibly repair any broken Windows system files

Why? If you don't want to use It. Try Avast. But if you do decide to change the anti virus. Use AVG removel tool. Did you run scf/Scannow command yet to see if this helped?

I think you have installed a pirated windows in your laptop that's why your laptop showing the blue screen . You need to install a genuine windows in your laptop.

Back