Blue screen physical dump

sandyyx3

I've started getting a blue screen that says something about a physical memory dump and when windows restarts it shows this for the details box that comes up:

Problem signature:
**Problem Event Name:****BlueScreen
**OS Version:****6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
**Locale ID:****1033

Additional information about the problem:
**BCCode:****119
**BCP1:****0000000000000001
**BCP2:****000000000007C0DC
**BCP3:****000000000007C10A
**BCP4:****000000000007C10A
**OS Version:****6_1_7601
**Service Pack:****1_0
**Product:****768_1

How can I fix this?

I have a Gateway DX4850 that is a Intel i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80 GHz and 6 GB RAM

Some other specs:

Memory Type: DDR3

Total Memory Size: 6GB

Memory Slots (Total): 4

Memory Slots (Available): 0

Memory Configuration: 2 x 1GB & 2 x 2GB

Maximum Memory Supported: 16GB - 64 bit

Processor Brand: Intel

Processor Class: Core i5

Processor Number: i5-2300

Processor Speed: 2.8GHz

Processors Onboard: 1

Interface: SATA

Okay now,
test the memory. If it passes, test the hard drive, then post any minidumps... The instructions are in the link I posted, for testing the memory, hard drive and posting any minidumps

Have you tested the memory? Don't you understand the instructions given in the link I posted?

So did you test the hard drive? We can't be of much help if you don't do what we suggest. Nice job providing the computers specs, but not much info on what you are doing when the BSOD's happen. You say that you leave the computer on all the time. Open up the case and check to see if it is clean inside and all the fans are working normally

Yes I performed the Windows Memory Diagnostic and the problem still happens, I have no idea what to do when you say post the minidumps

"Run a complete disk check. Click start/run and type chkdsk /f /r and press the enter key"...

This is for a hard drive check. Memory testing is different. Memtest86 is for memory testing. You have to ZIP your minidumps before you can post them. This is called compressing the files

When I did the start & run nothing would pop up, here is the minidump
-- I also opened up my desktop and cleaned it up

Attachments

• 030212-20217-01.zip
    18.8 KB · Views: 3
Okay,
The minidump shows igdkmd64.sys. This is related to an Intel HD Graphics driver. Do you know what video type your computer is using? You can start a hard drive test by going into Computer, and right-click on the C drive. Select Properties, Tools, check now, and check both boxes, press Start and select Schedule a disk check. Shut down the computer and start it up again. The disk check with start. Let it finish

Okay good,
Looks like you either have Nvidia or ATI graphics video so I don't know why the Intel thing came up... I'm betting you have Nvidia. Is Windows 7 fully updated? You may want to run Windows Update manually and include all the optional updates. Somewhere in doing that you may find that the computer stops blue screening

Hard drive test is still running and my computer always has a icon on the lower right side saying Intel(R) HD Graphics. I'm almost positive windows 7 is fully updated, how would I check?

EDIT: The hard drive test finished but when I logged in I didn't see any notifications on the results

Did you notice if during the test, was there any notice of files being deleted or fixed? There is no results saved, only a summary of what was done at the end of the check, just before the computer boot back into Windows... In any case, see if the computer settles down

Did you notice if during the test, was there any notice of files being deleted or fixed? There is no results saved, only a summary of what was done at the end of the check, just before the computer boot back into Windows... In any case, see if the computer settles down

Didn't see any at least before I went to bed, it stopped for 2 days, I just got one again now. Here is the minidump of todays BSOD

Attachments

• 030512-20966-01.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 1
Okay we are back to the video driver (Intel(R) HD Graphics), the minidumps include:
dxgmms1.sys
idgkmd64.sys
watchdog.sys

Do you have CyberLink's Power DVD installed? It is really a nice computer. You shouldn't be having all this trouble :(

Back