Blue screen problem, is it extra cores I unlocked?

kerril

So i bought a home build bout two months ago and I've had about 4 blue screens in total since. latest one showed this.

BCCode: a
BCP1: FFFFF87FC1CC64C5
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF80002CD228A
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Only thing i did other than software was unlock 2 extra cores on my cpu.
cpu is amd phenom ii x2 550 now showing as x4 b50.
I haven't over clocked and ran prime 95 for several hours without problem.
only have two memory dumps but the files are locked and wont let me attach them.
I'm in college and regularly save but one day i might be lucky and lose work any help is appreciated

Thanks

You haven't been keeping up with the Windows 7 Updates have you? Service Pack 1 is not installed

ya auto updates is off, I'll install them and get back in a few weeks as its an intermittent problem.
Thanks

The updates are important. The optional updates need to be installed too. Remember, this is Windows 7 not Vista or XP...

Ok so my windows is up to date and has Sp1 and I've had two blue screens in the last week, first one when i opened Internet explorer (I usually use chrome) the second when i opened Windows media player, Both windows programs although i have used these on several occasions without problems

Can you upload any minidumps? Have you checked for virus or other malware? What antivirus program are you using?

Using avast antivirus free version updated daily and scanned regularly,
It won't let me upload minidump file (there's a little padlock on file) so I view it using Nirsoft BlueScreen Viewer and it says it was caused by ntoskrnl.exe, I've uploaded a screen shot
minidump sshot.PNG

The unlocked cores *could be the culprit. They are known to be a gamble. No guarantee on them. Did the problem start only after unlocking? If so, try re-locking them and see if it helps.
Best, Marnomancer.

So it looks like it was the unlocked cores, I locked them back up and have had no problems since 2 cores is more than enough for me anyway.
Thanks for everyone's help.

Back