Blue screen saying stop: 0x0000008E

Status
Not open for further replies.

badboys4l

blue screen saying stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8055D07C, 0xF94459AC, 0x00000000

i am having problems staring my pc after finishing the start up(i.e after the icons and the desktop has come the pc shuts with the above bllue screen message.

i can not even get to safe mode

last time i was using my pc i was using the net and at one time i downloaded a codec i didnt know what it is .

any help appreciated

Do you have your backups? If not you need to take the drive out of the machine and connect it to another to extract your files or run a ghost copy of the drive. Otherwise there is a chance you will lose it.
Reboot the system using the windows install CD (presume XP?) - and select install XP, follow the options until you get to the second option to repair Windows - select this and all the critical windows files will be replaced with the originals.
If this fails you will have to reinstall windows from scratch.

There is a chance that this will trash the contents of the hard drive.
There is always a risk associated with any repairs to the windows structure - if you are in doubt you may need to take the drive out and connect it to another machine as a slave drive so that you can transfer the files to a safer place (another hard drive or perhaps a CD/DVD).
If you are not happy about doing this yourself you should seek help at a local workshop.

According to Microsoft:
CAUSE
This error message is caused by a kernel driver that is installed by the following known rootkit spyware programs:
• Msupd5.exe
• Reloadmedude.exe
I would seriously consider a reinstallation of your OS - but make your data safe first!

Hey Boss I would do what AlbertLionheart said...take you drive out, extract your data by connecting that drive to another device. and then try to repair your damage files. If that does not work, try reinstalling your OS. If that does not work replace you drive...the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WON!!!

From the looks of the system configuration types (and their errors); you might have some input device problems.... That's all I can think of

FenderGuy2112

I doubt you would be able to get a dump from it anyway. Cut your losses as otherwise you will be messing with this for ages!

oky my pc was sormated into two partions so i transfered some data i want to keep to the other drive which doesnt have operating system and i formated and installed fresh copy of xp home edition.

but i dont know if there is some kind of malware or rootkit there in my datas how can i ensure this wont happen again and how i can i scan my data (i.e hte other partion where my data is

You need to download and install some anti-virus, anti-spyware and run a firewall to protect you from nasties. Once you have installed these you can run a scan on the second partition to clear any nasties.
Read the threads on this in the Security and the Web section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back