Blue Screen upon start up. 0x0000007B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have got a major problem that I hope someone can help me deal with. I’ve been having random system crashes for sometime and I decided I will try and sort them out, but ive only made things much worse. The instructions I was using recommended that I update my motherboard bios, so I did. However when I restarted I got this message after windows come on to its loading screen for a second:-

“A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time restart, if not do this:

Check for viruses, remove newly installed hard drive or hard drive controllers, check your hard drive to make sure it properly configured. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption.

Tech Info:

***Stop: 0x0000007B (0xf7c46524,0xc000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)”

So far I’ve tried removing the battery in the motherboard but that hasn’t made any difference.

Specs:
Windows XP Pro
Intel Pentium D 805 (2x2.66GHz) 64Bit Socket 775 Dual Core 2MB
ASRock CONROEXFIRE-ESATA2 SKT775 945P
MSI 7600GS 256MB DDR2 TVO
Corsair 1GB DDR2 667MHz/PC2-5400

Whatever happened seems to have corrupted your windows installation. Locate the XP CD and boot from it. Ignore the first option to repair the installation and go on as if installing from new. When you get to the next repair offer, take it and the install routine will remove and replace all the critical windows files. It does not normally damage your files.
This does not always work; if not you will have to reinstall a fresh copy of windows and your data will be lost.

Thanks for the advice. I followed it and its seems to have done the trick. I think the problem was that updating the bios created some sort of conflict with my SATA hard drive, so I removed that and have installed windows on my ATA hard drive. Now i just need to work out how to correct the problem with the SATA... any ideas?

You should only update your system's bios if you are sure that you need to. It can be a big move. Anything in your machine might immediately act up after you re-do that bios. After I get a BSOD .. I usually strip down my machine and carefully reassemble: checking everything on the way up. I don't have a scientific reason for this working as it does...but I run into little (and big) things that are wrong. Sometimes a good component inspection does a world of good. One good thing that I do (alot) is run programs constantly. Registry defrag and cleanup, Hardisk defrag and error check, use my "CCLeaner" alot. Run antispy and antivirus everyday, etc. This takes dedication but seems to alleviate anything like the BSOD. Also keep an eye on all temps. just like a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back