Blue Screen when using CD-Rom drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, this happens about half the time, but when I put a CD in the drive (of any type - CD, DVD, game, etc), I get a blue screen. The Event Viewer records the saved dump as "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000000a (0x00002010, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804ee452). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini071207-02.dmp". I've (hopefully) attached the last 3 minidumps, and am running Windows XP Home with SP 2 from an HP Pavilion dv4000 laptop.

This problem has only started within the last four or five months (I've had the laptop for over a year), and is becoming increasingly frequent. I'm not sure if the CD-rom drive is causing it, or simply triggering it, though I'm fairly certain it' a bad driver somewhere on the compy. Not sure which one though. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

View attachment 20098

View attachment 20099

View attachment 20100

Do you have software from Avid Technologies, specifically dealing with didgital media? The reason I ask is because all 3 minidumps point to the same driver: DigiF1~1.sys - Digidesign File System Filter Driver. DigiFilter - which is of Avid Technologies.

Google Avid Technologies and contact their support. If your CD-ROM is trying to utilize this software and there are issues with this driver then BSODs are going to occur.

Thanks a bunch! I did have software from Avid, and after uninstalling it I believe the problem is solved. Everything seems to be working perfectly now, thanks for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back