Blue tooth dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your phone has Bluetooth, the dongle will allow you to transfer data between the PC & the phone. It will not tell you how close the phone is or its location.

ps. wouldn't it be simpler to simply call your phone & locate it from the ringtone ?

cause all i want it for is to find out what house it is in

This just gets stranger and stranger. lol.

Am I correct in thinking you want to find a phone you don't own, because surely you'd know where your own phone was?

Anyway, if it's off, you're outta luck. You'll have to do it the normal way and look for it.

phones can't be traced that accurately I'm afraid, and bluetooth wond make that fact any different.

The only identifying feature that a stolen phone will retain if the sim is changed is its IMEI, and even that can be re-written if the right software and cable is used.

As I said in a previous thread you started, there are services you can use to do that, but the phone has to be registered with them. I also gave you a link to two such services. Besides these, there's nothing else the likes of you and me can do.

Even if you are able to register the phone by either sim or IMEI with one of these services, if the sim or IMEI have been changed, then it's to all intents a different phone anyway as far as tracking it is concerned.

focus_water
you should learn to stop 'bragging' about something you don't even know the basics about!
Stick to PC-related questions on these forums or take a hike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back