Boot freeze on Windows 7

Hi all,

Windows 7 Home Premium: My Boot usually takes about 30 - 40 seconds; every once in a while after the windows 7 screen my boot delays an Additional 60 - 75 seconds before sign in Screen (this has happened now several times and eventually (days or weeks) Usually seems to correct). I have checked drivers, run check disc, memory diagnostics, system restore, driver backup restore, registry errors, System File Checker, etc everything checks out.

I have run the "repair my computer" feature several times to no avail.

The only sure cure would be to run a full Windows 7 repair disk (System file scan finds no inconsistencies).

I have run a boot trace but don't know how to read the results. Anyone adept with boot trace graphs may be able to spot the culprit.

Thanks

Compaq AMD dual core 2.8 Gig
3 Gig DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
Microsoft Security Essentials
Spyware Blaster
Threat Fire

Very Clean Machine
zero fat on start up
Drivers and all software are kept up to date

This could be caused by an incorrect bios setting. Long boot up times are usually caused by the computer "looking" and not finding a correct boot device, like a hard drive CDROM or USB boot device. This could also indicate that the hard drive is corrupt or failing. Go back into the bios and check the boot order first

Back