Boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteraven

sorry if this is in the wrong forum or if its been covered before (i've searched and cant find anything that resolves my issue)

i have a fujitsu siemens amilo pro v3515
i bought it with xp home already installed
pentium dual core (x86 family 6 model 14 stepping 12 genuineintel ~1596Mhz)(each)
SMBIOS version 2.4

i decided to migrate from xp to linux
downloaded the ubuntu iso, mounted it via daemon tools, installed alongside windows...no problems whatsoever

then i decided id try linux mint
downloaded the iso
...wont mount on daemon tools
so i put the iso on my psp, then onto another computer, burn a boot disk, and attempt to boot linux mint onto my laptop...

but it wont boot, i get a black screen with a flashing _ at the top left corner,it flashes for a while then the screen changes n it boots into windows
so i have a look at BIOS...make sure it boots from cd first, yup. i ended up moving hd to the bottom, but it makes no difference.

i know it isnt the disk bc it boots fine on the desktop.
but i want it on the laptop seeing as the desktop isnt mine.

any help would be muchly apprieciated

even if it boots fine to your desktop it can be the disc. not all blanks are being accepted by all drives. so the chances are high that you used a blank which your laptops drive doesn't like.
try a different brand blank or set the burn speed as low as possible and burn the image again. that often helps...

post back if you have questions

i tried again on the desktop, tried installing it and it came up an error so figure there was something wrong with the iso.

theres something i read on the website that said something about md5sum and checking the iso

not quite sure how to do this tho?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back