Booting up issues, blank screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello my name is Zeroos and im new to the Tech Spot family.

I have the current issue with one of the systems i bought from some provider.

As soon i boot up the computer everything is ok. I cheked the BIOS settings the hardrive is not detected via IDE settings. Its because i enabled the SATA/RAID options in the BIOS. If i dont enable this the driver IS detectid via IDE option, but as a 3rd Slave. I tried everything, the jumpers and all and still nothing.

The real issue im having is because the connections i have on the computer with the HD is SATA. Like i said is a computer from a store so i dont whant to touch to much and the warranty goes kaboom. But i do know my stuff about computers. Anyhow the system starts ok, but when its done cheking the RAM memory and detecting the IDE on startup, right after this when its time to start loading Windows XP nothing happens, i get a black screen and nothing loads.

So i have to hit Reset button and everything loads again and tells me "Window could not load sucessfully choose the configuration thats adecuate" or something like that gives me 4-5 options.

So once you accept Las Known Configuration that worked or Start Windows Normally. The system loads windows and everything runs smooth.

Im preaty sure is some kind of issue with the way my HD is set in bios or with the whole RAID/SATA deal, im kind of new to this.

If theres anyone outhere that can give me a hand i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much everyone.

Zeroos. :knock:

Using exclamation marks and capital letters by the dozens does not yield you any more help, possibly it will be quite the opposite.

Since your system is under warranty and quite obviously does not work correctly then just take it back to the store and have them fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back