BootMagic won't load!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedwagon

I have installed Partition Magic 8.0 and when I try to load Boot Magic it says that I need to uninstall older versions. The problem is that I can't find Boot Magic directory and it doesn't showup on Add/Remove Programs.
I am currently running Windows ME and want to upgrade to Windows XP Pro using Dual-Boot system. This is will asked in Operating System forum.

You really do not need Boot magic to install and run a Dual boot.Windows is quite good doing this.
It is only important that the older windows is loaded first and you can install XP on any partition except the one the has an existing OS.

So, now I just need to setup XP in different partition and then reload all my programs. I have ghosted my hard drive but that only is good for a complete rebuild from scratch right? I get confused on a full backup method and if your able to just restore selected files and they will run in the new operating system or do you have to load them again? I hear a lot about Drive Image for backing up a system what are your thoughts?

I have used Drive Image for years. It has been reliable and the fastest system recovery program I used.I switched to True Image because of my personal dislike of Symantec, but that is just how I feel. You must take the time to learn how to use it properly and actually test it capability to be confident.I use a spare HDD to test my backup recovery .It does work.
I keep one image of a clean OS install with Programs only. Then I keep updates of my whole system as I make changes and install new items including microsoft updates.I keep data backups seperately.I have found that by installing th OS,Programs and Data on different partitions the drives backup and recoveries are Quick and trouble free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back