Bootmgr issue; Win 7 not booting

monkeychef23

Hi everyone,

Sadly I have run into a bootmgr issue. I was playing around with Ubuntu on a USB stick earlier, and when I came back to turn on the computer, Windows was not able to boot due to a bootmgr issue. Along with that, when I attempt to use bootrec to either fix the bootmgr or even identify any windows installations, it comes back saying I have no windows installations on the computer, when I actually do.

Also, when I attempt to use chkdsk, it says that I do not have write permissions. I don't know if that helps anyone or not.

I would really appreciate any help that I can get. Thank you so much.

Edit: Some more information about the issue.
This is an HP Pavilion DV6T Quad Edition. The Hard drive setup (which I believe is the problem) is a 1tb HD with a 32gb mssd, which is used for Intel RST, which drastically improves boot times and basically speeds of the computer significantly. I believe that what ever RAID array that these two drives are in is making it impossible for my recovery CD to recognize that there is a hard drive with a Windows 7 Installation on it.

Alright, I booted into a lightweight linux OS (Parted Magic), and I was able to format the 32gb mssd. Upon reboot, Intel RST came up and allowed me to enable both drives seperately, but not in a cache system. Upon reboot, I was greeted with HP's solutions. I still couldn't rebuilt/fix the Windows boot manager, so I just did a fresh install. Everything works again, and it did a minimal install with no bloatware.

Back