BOSD Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I'm a newbie to this board & need help with my computer. I've recieved the dreaded BOSD the last several times I've tried shutting down (the computer actually restarts instead of shutting down). Any and all help will be deeply appreciated. I attached the Minidumps that were created by Windows XP at the following link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic34644.html Thanks!

Did you mean the BSOD or Blue Screen of Death?
This is usually a driver problem for one of the devices, or a memory problem caused by defective memory, or a video graphics problem.
Good luck to you.
It is usually fixable, but may take some jumping through hoops to learn which "fix" will work.

Yes, Blue Screen Of Death... I recently installed a Sony DVD writer (Nero) & software for my wife's new camera (Olympus), but they're both working fine. Thanks for any suggestions... Oh, if I hadn't mentioned it before, my computer's an HP Pavilion 513g running Windows XP SP2.

BSOD = Blue Screen Of Death. Did you have these crashes before you installed the Sony DVD writer and software?

Edit Update: I looked at your first two zip files, a total of 8 minidumps and they all point to Sonypv13.sys which I could not find anywhere online, but I strongly suspect it is directly related to your new Sony DVD (thus my original question). This driver is conflicting with your Norton Symantec security suite (or whatever program from Norton that you have), particularly SYMEVENT.sys which is a driver for Symantec.

SYMANTEC.sys cannot load because Sonypv13.sys is attempting to load at the same address and thus causing your crashes. In fact, sonypv13.sys also cannot load. Bottom line: Driver conflict. One way that you may be able to work around this is to disable Live Update within Norton.

If that doesn't work you may want to try updating the firmware/drivers for your Sony DVD or perhaps Nero; or uninstall the DVD and all pertinent software and reload/reinstall again. .

The problem is with sonypvl3.sys. You can find the exact same problem with the same file version HERE.

BugCheck 1000000A, {b0, 2, 0, 8052d4da}
Probably caused by : sonypvl3.sys ( sonypvl3+223c )
f7717000 f771b680 sonypvl3 sonypvl3.sys Wed Sep 22 10:55:37 2004 (4150E9A9)

Yes uninstall any drivers or software that you installed with the Sony writer. There is no need to install any other software except burning software... Nero 6 OEM has no issues with XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back