Browser problem with Firefox 1.0 on XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nondaj

Had firefox browser in past and was troubled with error message of:

this document has no data.

This prevented me from getting on some websites or caused delay in getting on others. Finally Mozilla came out with a patch that seemed to alleviate the problem.

However, now the problem has resurfaced. Unable to find any patch for same or way to contact Mozille firefox for help. Would like to email them about problem but find no email address.

My firefox version is 1.0 on XP SP1

Any suggestions from anyone?

This happens to me usually because my network connection. Reloading and/or clearing Firefox cache usually helps.

By the way, Firefox 1.0.1 is out.

Firefox problem

Obtuse - thanks so much for the link. Will try it out and see what I get. :angel:

Well with firefox Is the best lot better than IE did you buy chance install JAVA and macromedia flash player?? Also if you are using a firewall you have to set it to accept the firefox exe so it can acess the net...

Firefox Problem

Will check my firewall and set them accordingly - did not know about this and have tried to download M. Media but it seems to not want to download for some reason - will keep trying. Thanks so much for your help.

Firefox problem

That is another idea I had not considered - will try Mozilla browser and see how I make out. Thanks for the tip Tedster.

I get this error message when my dialup connection is not working, i do not think that it is actually a fault with the browser itself....

Just an idea.

there are plenty of browsers out there now. opera is pretty good compared to firefox, netcaspe isnt too bad. just avoid IE thats the consensus.

Firefox problem

Thanks for the tip on other browsers - have been hearing about Opera lately and so may give it a try. Too bad about Firefox - it was once touted as the ultimate - but so go browsers :grinthumb

personally, i like firefox because it has like 6 million different extensions and plugins and themes, etc..... and its always getting better.

nondaj said:
Thanks for the tip on other browsers - have been hearing about Opera lately and so may give it a try. Too bad about Firefox - it was once touted as the ultimate - but so go browsers :grinthumb

The inportant thing to remember here is Firefox is FREE where opera is not another fact about Opera it is famous for not rendering web pages correct..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back