BSOD after my internet d/c and tried to restart or shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

StriderX7

I keep getting a BSOD when I try to restart or shutdown my computer after getting d/c from my internet. Can someone help me I will attach the minidumps.

Attachments

• Mini081706-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 6
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at kl1.sys. This is a driver for your Kaspersky antivirus programme. The owning process is kavsvc.exe. This is the Kaspersky executable file.

Try the following suggestions in the order they are given. Test to see if your system becomes stable after each step.

Check for any updated versions of the programme.

Uninstall and reinstall the programme.

Try a different antivirus programme.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

ok thanks for the help i will try these steps and see if they will make my computer stable. i will respond if it works or if it doesn't.

Ok the BSOD seems to gone after i uninstalled time to look for a new antivirus. Now im having a new problem. When i restart my computer with my internet connection enabled, the computer switches to classic view and giving me no option to change to window xp view. But a few seconds later it switches back to windows Xp view and i notice that my printer toolbar is always loading slow when time happens.

I`d like to check to see if you have anything nasty on your system.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :)

You should uninstall Viewpoint, it is not a recommended programme to have on your system.

Other than that, your HJT log is clean.

Install an antivirus programme and firewall ASAP, your system is at risk as long as you`re connected to the net without a firewall. the free AVG and the free Zonealarm or Kerio firewall programmes are very good. Just Google for these.

I`m not sure what`s causing your startup problem.

Regards Howard :)

alright thx im using bitdefender for antivirus and zonealarm for firewall thx for the help howard_hopkinso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back