BSOD after resuming from Stand By

Status
Not open for further replies.

rottendumpling

I was cleaning the dust bunnies from my keyboard today and accidentally put the computer into stand by. No problem I thought, just resume it from there. BAM! BSOD. Strange I thought. I rebooted and tried to go into stand by again and got the same thing. It seems like there is something about stand by that my desktop does not like. I attached the minidump here in hopes that someone can tell me what went wrong.

Quick specs:
Windows XP Pro SP2, AMD X2 3800+, 2GB RAM

Attachments

• debuglog.txt
    13.7 KB · Views: 8
rottendumpling said:
I was cleaning the dust bunnies from my keyboard today and accidentally put the computer into stand by. No problem I thought, just resume it from there. BAM! BSOD. Strange I thought. I rebooted and tried to go into stand by again and got the same thing. It seems like there is something about stand by that my desktop does not like. I attached the minidump here in hopes that someone can tell me what went wrong.

Quick specs:
Windows XP Pro SP2, AMD X2 3800+, 2GB RAM

Hi Rotten

I took a a look at your debuglog and the file causing the issue is "ntkrpamp.exe" , I did a google and got a few hits about this file, although none that say what it is for.

Do Start > Run > sfc /scannow. Have your XP CD ready, it's possible that the file is corrupted somehow.

Regards

I tried that and it seems like no files were corrupted. I'm starting to believe it was a driver issue after doing some more research...

rottendumpling said:
I tried that and it seems like no files were corrupted. I'm starting to believe it was a driver issue after doing some more research...
##

Hi

If you can post the Minidumps that are generated when the PC blue screens, i'll take a look at them.

Regards

rottendumpling said:
Here you go.

Hi

Just the 1 is it..?

Bug Check 0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check has a value of 0x000000D1. This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

Cause
A driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high.

This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses.

As the error occurs when you try to go into standby, I think it may be a memory issue, download memtest86 from here and let is run for at least 8 passes, bear in mind though that even this program wont find memory faults that are intermittent but it is a good tool.

I would also identify your HD and download the manufacturers test tools and check the drive as well.

Along with that its a case of check everything is seated correctly and all air vents are clear from dust.

Regards

Yeah just this one. My desktop has been BSOD free for a while with this as its sole exception. It goes into stand by fine but coming out of it is when the BSOD occurs. I appreciate your help thus far as I continue looking into it. (Will try the suggestions you noted.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back