BSOD and other excitement

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer has been acting a little strangely for the last couple months, but it's finally reached the breaking point every time I play EVE online. I am getting the BSOD intermittently but inevitably, every time I play.

In the past, I have noticed strange behavior such as if I'm running Outlook 2007, windows explorer will sometimes not show any files, internet explorer will not load its menus, and even CTRL-ALT-DEL will not bring up the task manager until I close Outlook.

Sometimes I will also have Winamp fail to load the media library altogether, and not allow you to turn it on. I've also had various other programs fail to launch, and the system has sluggish moments given its specs.

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
2 x 1GB Crucial Technology DDR2-6400
2 x 1GB Corsair DDR2-6400
Abit P35-Pro MB
Onboard Audio
EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX w/ 768MB VRAM
Western Digital HDDs, no RAID

Here's what I've done so far:

• Ran memtest86 without errors
  • Uninstalled all known programs since around the time the BSODs started
  • Reset CPU to stock (auto) settings
  • Verified that DRAM timings are not modified
  • Flashed BIOS to latest version from MB manufacturer
  • Reseated RAM modules

Here I've attached the most recent 2 crash dumps.

Inside the 2 MiniDumps:

BugCheck 1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : RtkHDAud.sys

BugCheck 1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : RtkHDAud.sys

RtkHDAud.sys refers to your Realtek Audio driver
Please update your sound drivers.

They are back

Well, I took what you said and updated my audio drivers to the latest versions. All seemed well until today when it crashed again. When I updated my audio drivers, I also turned my computer off and pulled the power all night. I've attached the minidump from the last BSOD. Is it the audio driver again? I wonder if it is a thermal issue since I haven't turned my PC off since I turned it on after its night off. Under normal conditions I should think this wouldn't be a problem since my other computer, a Dell XPS Gen5, hasn't been turned off in about 3 months and has no issues.

Also, I swapped my RAM pairs and am wondering if over time the memory filled up to some bad location that is now in a much higher location? I am really at a loss here, and since I can't rule out my memory or motherboard, I'm looking for clues to narrow my search. Any help is appreciated!

In that case, should I go ahead and try to get my motherboard replaced? It might be a software issue with EVE, but I hardly imagine I'm the only person with Realtek sound to play EVE. In the mean time, I've turned off hardware accelleration in EVE's audio options, so maybe that will do the trick. Or I can turn down the overall hardware accelleration in Windows.

I would recommend to totally disable the onboard sound in bios (remove the drivers too)
And purchase another sound card

That would be a lot cheaper, and quicker to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back