BSOD aswsp.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACE99

I keep getting BSOD's that happen at random times which no reason.
The message given is 0x0000008E aswsp.sys
I have googled it and it seem to be some problem with avast but i cant find a fix for it, can anyone help.
Thanks.

aswsp.sys is definitely an Avast driver.

0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware though sometimes by faulty drivers.

Avast is a very stable product so my first question is did you try updating your Avast or go to their very active forum community to see if there are threads on this driver?

Second, when do your system crashes occur? You indicate randomly but is this including both while you are on the internet and off the internet?

The avast i am using is the latest version from their website. I am unsure whether the BSOD's occur when i am on of offline. But i just had one and it happened when i was online and i had just started Hotspot shield. I think i do remember it happening before when i was using hotspot shield.
This has only started to happen recently though and i have been using these two programs for ages.

I have worked with someone before whose issue was Hotspot Shield and Avast. You updated Avast; did you update Hotspot?

I have just updated hotspot shield, we shall see how it goes. I will post back if there are more occurrences.
Thanks for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back