BSOD - Bad_header_pool - win32k.sys

derangedxzombie

Hello, normally I manage to resolve BSOD's some way or the other, but recently these have me stumped. I recently upgraded to windows 7 and all was fine, but two days ago they started, I'd be most appreciative for some help. I'm having to write this with a phone as going above 46% RAM causes my netbook to blue screen, so apologies for the crowded layout.

I have ran memtest with no errors and cleaned/tried different ram sticks. I've tried restoring and my drivers are up to date. I've defragged and reset the pagefile, a new psu was bought only a few months back as my cat killed the last. Avast reports no viruses and I don't have an internal cd drive nor daemon tools or virtual drives currently.

Samsung NC10, Windows 7 home premium, SP1, N270 Atom 1.60GHz, 2GB RAM.

I'll try and attach the 7 or so most recent dumps, they all mainly point to win32k.sys and something kernal related. Thank you again for any help, I'll give more info if needed.

-Ben

Attachments

• BSOD - Bad_pool_header Dumps.zip
    207.3 KB · Views: 1
BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD's are usually caused by bad memory. Try removing and re-installing the memory. Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager? Does this netbook have a solid state C drive? We call netbook "power" supplies. AC adapters, just like notebook/laptop PC's. Have you applied all the Windows 7 updates including all the optional ones?

I was sure and hopeful it'd just be the RAM due to shut downs when stressed, I tried cleaning and reinstalling them. Now it seems even in an idle state at 34% ram it blue screens.

There was no exclaimation marks in device manager, and yesterday I installed the optional and important updates, though about 3 KBxxxxxx ones failed to install. Is it possible netbook/laptops batteries could cause BSODs?

Remove the laptops battery and run it on the AC adapter only. See if the BSOD's stop. You may have to restart and shut down several times for all the updates to install properly

I removed the battery and ran it on AC only, it still BSOD whilst idle. It's been reset several times since the update. Can the win32k.sys file be updated, if so how? the dump mentions that first

win32k.sys Is a normal Windows file, and it is only being flagged because of a hardware problem. Go to Computer and right-click on the C drive. Select properties, tools, check now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up

Oh I see, I tried the check and it said 0 errors found, I also ran wise registry cleaner. I have it in safe mode right now and it just BSOD when I tried opening Adobe reader, hmm

Back