BSOD-Core2Extreme qx6800 please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I have a problem where if my system gets stressed, it crashes and restarts. It's a new system I put together myself, and its driving me crazy, so I would appreciate any help.

System:
Motherboard: Asus Extreme Striker
Ram: 3 GB (3x1GB) Corsair XMS2 – 6400 (800)
GPU: 2x Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX running in SLi
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
Hard Drive: 2x Western Digital Raptor (10,000 RPM) 150 GB
CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6800
Power Supply: Enermax Galaxy 850W
Chasis: Thermaltake Kandalf LCS

First let me say I’ve updated every component with the most recent drivers, and updated the bios to the newest version (1102)

The system first crashed while I was running Battlefield 2. I tried it again and the same thing happened. I figured it might be a problem with a game. But then I tested the system and ran two movies at the same time. After about a half hour the system crashed again. I ran a system stability test using the Stability Test on the Nvidia Control Panel, and the system crashed after almost a half hour.

I only ever got a Blue Screen of Death once, and the error was
Bad_pool_caller
0x000002, 0x00000007, 0x0000113d, 0x886e0620, 0x886e0628

I figured it might be the audio card, so I disabled the card from Device Manager. Unfortunately the system crashed again. The system only crashes when running something intensive, like movies, or a game, or the Nvidia stability test. The BSOD never repeated, the system just crashes and automatically reboots.

Event Viewer in the control panel lists dozens and dozens of the following Event ID 6 error:
IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 24, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

The PCI Slot numbers in the event error change, but I read an article on the microsoft support site that said this was normal with vista, and could be safely ignored, which means I don't know if its relevant.

I’ve got a liquid cooling system on the CPU.

Unfortunately I can’t see what the temperature is for the graphics cards, because the Nvidia Control Panel doesn’t show their temperatures, even though I’ve installed ntune. I even downloaded sensors view, and it won't show my GPU temperatures either!

The whole system's only a few days old. Recently I tried to install a program, got the BSOD and the below message. I don't know if its related.
pfn_lilst_corrupt

0x0000004e (0x00000099,0x00072f1d,0x00000002,0x00048f1c)

it really sucks

I don't know whats wrong, and I'd appreciate any advice, as its driving me up the wall. Thanks!

please see attached files from cpu-z and pcprobe, they might help you see whats up!

finally found out how to check the GPU temperatures, and they both average at 78degrees celcius at idle... could this be the cause???

EDIT:I don't think its the temperature anymore... i ran two movies at the same time to crash the system.. when it crashed CPU was at 34 degrees celcius, and the video cards were at 79 degrees celcius, so hardly any different than idle, and the system was stable on idle.

It's your ram, having 3GB is causing issues and your not in dual channel mode because of it...You need to have ram in pairs to stay dual channel which means running your ram more efficiently and better performance, ie;
2x1GB 4x1GB 2x2GB etc...

Take 1GB out and leave 2GB in....you will have no problems.

thanks for the link CCT, I actually started that other thread, and we ended up finding the solution to the problem, which was voltage. My ram was getting 1.87v, i upped it to 1.9v and no more BSOD with the stress test.

Thanks mhill, i intend to put in the fourth stick of ram today.

LOL - I noticed you had the same specs!!

Always nice to post the solution so others can benefit.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back