BSOD Error code 100000d1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deinonych

Hello all,

I have a relatively new system, self-built back in early April. The system (config here) has been rock-solid, until last weekend. Since then, I've had random BSODs that I've been unable to pinpoint. I suspect one of my hardware devices is failing, but I can't be sure. I've even gone so far as to reinstall Windows XP to try to get rid of the problem.

This evening, I stepped away from my PC for a few minutes. When I returned, the system had rebooted, and was at the login screen. Event Viewer shows "Error code 100000d1," but I'm not sure how to interpret the minidump (attached). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Update: I ran Microsoft's debugging tools, and the culprit seems to be netbt.sys. Any thoughts on how to remedy this? Debug log is attached.

You can download The Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) Primer, Aumha is a very good resource, which gives solutions to most BSOD's. You can also get your BSOD auto-analysed at the Microsoft® Online Crash Analysis. here is a great writeup on BSOD analysis worth a checkout http://www.winvistaclub.com/tips.html

Thanks. I'm familiar with Aumha - it is a great site. There is a hotfix available for my particular error, which I installed last night. Hopefully, it will prevent further BSODs *crosses fingers*.

Another strange thing happened this morning - my 13-in-1 internal card reader disconnected this morning for no apparent reason. Repeated reboots didn't bring it back. The only way I was able to get it to be recognized again was by physically unplugging it from the motherboard and re-attaching it. Could there be some relationship between this behavior and the BSOD (doubtful, but just throwing this out there)?

Quite defntly posbl, the patch must v had something 2 do with it. Give ur sytem a day and c if things settle down to normal agn :)

Well, I suffered another BSOD this evening due to...you guessed it, netbt.sys. Attached is another minidump. Any other thoughts here?

Thanks for the suggestion. I ran the test on each stick and got a "stable" result for both. I had run Memtest86+ overnight a while back, so I was already pretty sure it wasn't the RAM. Good to know about this tool, though.

You've got timer routines on the stack of your last dump, and this is a strong sign of a hardware problem. As memory testers aren't perfect, try running with just one stick of RAM at time, if it still crashes or doesn't crash for a while then try the other stick by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back