BSOD for Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area .. driver problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Sorry, my cpu had been running fine for a year, then suddenly, there was this BSOD which said page_fault_in_nonpaged_area.

Well, i did some reading up, and it said something to do with RAM.
But, since im no techno wiz, i sent it for servicing. i paid, got it back, but it still hung. they guy said it was power supply problem, so i got a new power supply unit as the old one was under warranty.

I brought it to another shop, paid, got the mother board replaced (was also under warranty)and brought it home. Still hung.

So now, i brought i brought it back again, but i would like some real true expert advice. anyone willing to help?

The BSOD said PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and there was something about some error at

0x0000008E(0XC000001D, 0x808d73EC 0xF738AA5C, 0X0000000)

anyone noes what that means? some ppl can find out the exact location or something like that.. does anyone have any idea?

also, i tried reinstalling my OS, the blue screen appeared while i was formatting the hard disk (my hard disk is new, i got it when it FIRST crashed)

BTW, my PC make up is as such:
INtel P4 3 GHZ
MSI 915G Combo
2x Corsair 512MB DDRRAM
Superflower 450W
MAXTOR 80 GB (new)
SEAGATE 200 GB

Well..i need help desperately :)

thanks so much......i havent been able to use my com in 1 month and it sucks =(

Its nice to see somebody who is having the same problem, i havent replaced anything but Microsoft says its RAM, and everybody else is telling me its RAM. so
you should try repairing that.

Unfortunatly for me, as of 10 minutes ago my Computer which had this error just shut down and wont start up for me, and it smells like somethings burning from it....anyway hopefully somebody here will help us, and if you figure out the problem just PM me. :)

It is a possiblility that its the setting in your BIOS for your ram, so you can try finding out your settings for your ram (im no expert, hardly know what im talking about)

you should buy a New CPU and new RAM, put the CPU in and see if you get the error, if you do try putting in new RAM and see if that solves it.

like me, do you get this error when you're installing programs, or saving over files?

in the chipset>ram settings in your bios try turning off CPC override, if present.

sounds like you have some crappy PC repair shops in your area. i never returned a system in an unstable condition when the person paid to have it fixed, and none of the places around here would either. anyways, sounds like you might have a ram problem. i'd try running the machine with only one stick installed, if still crashing swap sticks.

Yeah i did ram tests to and everything and nothing seemed to work.

i took it into a repair place today, and the person looked like he knew what he was talking about, he said it had something to do with my RAM and CPU settings. but for me since my computer wont start up i guess im going to have to pay more money to get a new power supply and video card. anyway you should try another shop, and tell them it does have something to do with ram and nothing else. i'd be mad if they were like "oh its your floppy drive" that would seriously piss me off because you know its not :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back