BSOD IRQL not less or equal

Hello,

To start, I've attached a .bmp with some information on my Lenovo Thinkpad T60p laptop. Information is taken from PC Wizard.

Recently a lot of blue screens have been coming up with the same message, stating IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Usually it occurs when I try to watch a video or play a game. However, yesterday I got the same bluescreen while I picked it up from my desk to carry it elsewhere. I've ran PC Wizard in the background to check temperatures and processor activity. Just before a crash, the temperature of the processors would be around 70 degrees Celsius and the activity is irregularly high with both processors at around 80%. If I started the video or game, it would crash quite quickly, in the order of minutes.

I've flicked through some topics on this forum and most of you suggested I should run memtest to see if my RAM is broken. I have two sticks of 1 GB ram, I am not allowed to open my laptop because of warranty issues with the university where I bought the laptop from, so I could not test the RAMs separately. I ran the test overnight and got 11 passes with no errors.

I think the system could be overheating as I had some troubles with the fan in the past as well, could anyone care to help me with this problem?

Many thanks in advance.

I've added a .zip file with the last 5 minidumps.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    171.5 KB · Views: 1
  • laptop_specs.PNG
    laptop_specs.PNG
    62 KB · Views: 1
Have you been using a laptop cooling pad underneath the laptop at all? ...and not running the laptop directly on carpet or on a bed for extended periods? Are the cooling vents clean and free of dust?

I have never used a laptop cooling pad.

Yesterday, I got my fans cleaned by the service center at my university (again, due to warranty issues I am not allowed to do anything to the laptop on my own). The temperature of the processors has decreased by about 10 degrees when performing the same activities. Overheating seems to not be a problem now.

However, the laptop keeps crashing. To me it seems quite random when it occurs. The screen freezes and I get a looping sound of the music that was playing at that instant and I have to hold the on/off button for 8 seconds to reboot the pc. I do not get a blue screen and therefore not a minidump file (correct?).

I hope you can help me with these crashes. Thanks!

Back