Help with multiple input to one monitor

I have recently decided to move my home office and combine it with a space for myself. I have a single large monitor which I work on and swap the HDMI over to connect my Xbox. When I move my office I would like there to be a way for my monitor to display my laptop but have the ability to swap over to my Xbox. I have used an HDMI switch before but the quality of the picture wasn't great and I struggled with the occasional black screen. A colleague suggested a laptop dock might work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I have listed some specs below.

Monitor - Samsung Odyssey G5

Console - Xbox series x

Laptop - Dell Latitude 5320

I have recently decided to move my home office and combine it with a space for myself. I have a single large monitor which I work on and swap the HDMI over to connect my Xbox. When I move my office I would like there to be a way for my monitor to display my laptop but have the ability to swap over to my Xbox. I have used an HDMI switch before but the quality of the picture wasn't great and I struggled with the occasional black screen. A colleague suggested a laptop dock might work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I have listed some specs below.

Monitor - Samsung Odyssey G5

Console - Xbox series x

Laptop - Dell Latitude 5320
Don't worry, switching between your laptop and Xbox on one monitor is easy! Here are two options:

1. HDMI Switch: You can use a high-quality HDMI switch (look for reviews mentioning good picture quality). This is a simple and affordable solution, just make sure it supports the resolutions of your devices.
  2. Laptop Dock: A docking station is a great choice if you also want to connect other peripherals like a keyboard and mouse to your laptop. It usually connects with a single cable and offers a cleaner setup. Just ensure the dock has an HDMI output compatible with your monitor.

Back