BSOD stop error 0x000000f4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frac

ok well i got home from a friends place and i turned my comp on and i was playing DoDs and the screen when black then it went to the blue screen but is a kernel_stack_inpage_error
but today it changed to a stop error 0x000000f4
i havent installed any new hardware at all
no changes to my system

You'd be amazed at how many entries come up if you type in "stop error 0x000000f4" into a search engine. Anyway, there are two things that have come up that sound like a possibility to me. RAM

I'm going to try this again because my clumsy fingers screwed up and I saw several windows bounce around on my screen, and I came back to find my halfway done response posted.

RAM could be a problem--so could overclocking. Downclock it some if it overclocked too high. Norton Anti-Virus is another can be another problem. See what happens if you remove it. One post recorded success.

0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message. One user, who experienced this on return from Standby mode on Win XP SP2, found the cause was that Windows was installed on a slave drive.

0x00000077: KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

A page of kernel data requested from the pagefile could not be found or read into memory. This message also can indicate disk hardware failure, disk data corruption, or possible virus infection.

So try these steps:

1. Do a full harddrive diagnostics by utilizing the free utility from your harddrive manufacturer. Run both S.M.A.R.T. and Long tests, especially thye long.

2. Scan for viruses, etc.

3. Run chkdsk.

where can i find this test thing

would u no where i could find this diagnostics program?
like a download

Find the name of the manufacturer of your harddrive such as Seagate or Western Digital (there are others) and go to their website. They will provide a free utility that will test your harddrive.

Just download from their site.

control panel / administrator tools / event viewer
Click system , do you see any red errors that say Disk ?

ok the scan starts up and it fails already on cable test
now what ?

Back up everything important by burning to CD/DVD and/or Flash Drive as aoon as you can. If the harddrive is failing you want to make sure your important stuff is not lost. Did you try running the Long test?

Do xLokix's suggestion.

xLokix
yes the are a lot of disk warning in the control panel / administrator tools / event viewer / system
but no red 1's

heres the description
An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back