BSOD when DJ'ing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past few months my computer has been crashing randomly. At first I didn't know what may be causing it, but after 10+ crashes throughout the last 2 months, I found a trend. It seems that my computer crashes more often when I am running Traktor 3. It's a Digital DJ Program, that can be utilized with an MIDI (I use a Vestax VCI-100).

I'm not sure if my guess is correct. I tried looking for clues in aumha.org but my inexperience in solving STOP error messages left me clueless.

Can anyone help me out?:) I'm planning to start DJ'ing in the future for small parties and work my way up, and it would suck for my computer to crash right in the middle of a song.

Most Digital DJ's prefer using MacBooks, but I'm a beginner so I am currently using a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. (Windows Vista, 3GB Memory, ATI Radeon Graphics, AMD Turion64). I also use a Numark DJ/IO soundcard that runs on USB bus power and as mention in the very beginning a VCI-100 MIDI, which hooks up to the computer by USB, but runs on an adaptor.

The 2 Latest Stop Error Messages I had were:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000E844
BCP2: 000000FF
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 86A1EB33
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini081708-01.dmp
C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-93616-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Temp\WER4143.tmp.version.txt

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: fe
BCP1: 00000005
BCP2: 860F40E0
BCP3: 10024388
BCP4: 89AD5DBC
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini081908-01.dmp
C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-97375-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6834.tmp.version.txt

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the 5 latest minidumps:

View attachment 35222

View attachment 35223

View attachment 35224

View attachment 35225

View attachment 35226

Thank you for replying :)

I tried following the instructions:

1. Install all MS critical updates.

2. Install the latest Service Pack.

3. Disconnect any USB device. If the problem disappears, uninstall/reinstall the driver. If problem recurs when connected, the device itself may be the cause.

4. From Device Manager, remove all USB devices and let Windows find them again.

5. Run SFC /scannow to check and restore any altered Windows files.

Number 1 & 2 says to install all critical MS updates and service packs. I tried doing that, and it looks like i have 21 important updates available. The thing is, once I download and install them it requires for me to restart the computer afterwards. Once my computer restarts, it reconfigures, but doesnt fully reconfigure. The reconfiguration fails, and the updates fail. I tried to do it again, but same results , anyone know how i can fix this?

Have the problems cleared up or have they continued?

I'm not sure what you would do about those Windows Updates, maybe trying to install only a few at a time maybe 5 Updates at a time may work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back