BSOD while gaming

STAVOsanguinius

Hi guys, I really need help here. I keep getting BSOD while I'm playing games on my computer.
I've recently upgraded from 1gb to 2gb of RAM and I've only been getting the BSOD since then.
I run:
Windows XP Home Editon SP3
Pentium 4 3.60GHz
2GB RAM

I was also told that the problem can be resolved or at least found in the minidump folder so I've attached as many minidump files as I can. I haven't a clue how to view them or what to look for in them.

Any help with this would be appreciated so much. The only reason I can personally see for getting the BSOD is from the recent upgrade in RAM.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Mini051811-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 3
  • Mini052811-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini061611-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini061811-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini062311-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 1
Welcome to TSF,

All of your crashes has been caused by nVidia display driver. I suggest that you should download driver sweeper, then uninstall your graphic card driver, reboot your system in safe mode, then install/run driver sweeper to remove any left over nVidia display driver files.

Once you have done that reboot your system, and download latest WHQL driver supporting your graphic card and install it.

I hope that will fix your issue.

So once it's analysed 'NVidia - Display' I just clean up everything that it comes up with?
Sorry, I'm not entirely sure of exactly what I should be doing with this.

I will try to give a step by step guide:

Download Driver Sweeper from the link I gave you in my previous post.

1. Go to Control Panel > Programs
2. Locate nVidia Graphic Driver and un-install it
3. Install Driver Sweeper
4. Reboot your computer, and when it has completed POST (Power On Self Test) a blank screen will appear for a moment just before windows start to load, at that point you need to press F8, it will give you several choices, you need to select 'Safe Mode'. The computer will boot into your selected mode. Run Driver Sweeper, and select nVidia display drivers from the list appearing the right side panel, and click to run the program so it can complete the cleaning process.
5. Reboot your system normally once Driver Sweeper has finished.
6. Go to nvidia.com and download latest driver available for your graphic card and windows XP, then install it.

Hopefully it will fix your problem :)

Thank you so much! It worked and I haven't had BSOD again so far so hopefully it's worked properly.
Really though, Thank you so much. Does mean a lot to me.

Back