BSOD Win7

imedrod

So I encounter the following error when I attempt to leave a bot which uses java running overnight. PC CPU usage caps at 70% , RAM at 60%. This event happens around 1 hour after I leave my PC running these bots. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I have a 64 bit win 7:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800369A038
BCP3: 00000000B6000000
BCP4: 0000000000010015
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\081511-32744-01.dmp
C:\Users\ed\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-55614-0.sysdata.xml

I'll speak to the 0x124 error but first, if your system is not running this bot do you get Blue Screens?

no I have not encountered blue screen if my pc isnt running this bot, btw I run it with unsigned java, and its a game.

Okay, here is 0x124 defined...

0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and is described as "A fatal hardware error has occurred."

This error code and definition has replaced the older XP code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and though it is older the definition still is applicable: This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any.

Here are some of the causes that were determined to be the source of 0x124/0x9C errors from posters here and abroad: NIC, DVD/CD drives, dust build up around the CPU that caused overheating of said CPU, bulging capacitors hidden by heatsink, video card, psu, motherboard, and external harddrive connected by USB.

* This is a hardware issue which makes your symptoms perplexing. My suspicion is it is your wireless/NIC card not liking this bot (or maybe even your security software; if this is a Warze type game then therein is the problem). Do the following and I'll try to read them when I get the chance later today...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

All error codes are the same 0x124 and all minidumps simply cite hardware as your issue. Now normally we would direct you to do some standard diagnostics like Memtest but as I said previously your issue is perplexing in that it appears to be amore driver/application issue.

Did you build this system or buy it. If you built it what is the motherboard make and if you bought it from whom?

according to some online reviews the network adapter is abit bad idk if thats the case with me I might go buy a wireless usb adapter

ps I just noticed the ethernet in jack is flashing is that bad?

If this is only a month old take it back immediately and tell them of your issues. There is no way you should have to lay out money for a USB adapter. You can also go armed with the knowledge that your minidumps were read and give them the error code.

And don't let them tell you it is your fault.

wow do I feel dumb, correct me if im wrong.
I was running a 32 bit java platform on a 64bit OS on top of that I had installed the client to operate on 32 bit win 7 and directed the path to my 64 bit java bin. might this have caused the problems?

I have now corrected and installed java,botclient for 64 bit. Testing how the program operates now

You can run 32-bit applications on a 64-bit OS but being that it is Java who knows? :D

How is it running now?

using half the ram/cpu atm from what I had prev recorded been 45 minutes

in order to run the app you run a batch file, the batch file i was running before was 32 bit and was directed to my 64bit java bin
now running a 64 bit batch directed to my 64 bit java platform bin

Well I really didn't do much but you are welcome anyway. :)

Why you received an 0x124 is still baffling unless, again, it had to do with the networking card.

ye the problem was i was running a 32bit client and I havent had a blue screen and ran the client for 10 hrs so far as a 64 bit

Back