Bsod :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pindle

Lately(About the past week) I have been getting the same BSOD everytime I download stuff using any torrent program for more then 5 minutes it goes to BSOD and my comp has to be restarted. This is the ONLY time I get BSODs is when I try to use torrents, it wasn't like this a week+ ago and I have not a clue what the problem is.

the following is what I get for the STOP error:

0x0000007F (0x0000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have defragged, chkdsk'd, done pretty much everything I could think of.

Specs:

P4 3.0GHz
1GB Ram
Windows XP

If you need anything else let me know. Someone please help, this is driving me nuts.

Have you run antivirus and antispyware scans recently???? If so, with what software????

rik said:
Have you run antivirus and antispyware scans recently???? If so, with what software????
yes, with Spyware Doctor, Spybot Search and Destroy, Ad-Aware, then I ran Housecall and AVG. All clean. :)

The only unique thing about BT is the amount of network traffic it creates. Perhaps this has something to do with your network or Internet?

Just a long shot, but try disabling any programs that have control over your Internet such as firewalls, network analyzers etc...

If you've made any modifications to your TCP stack (such as modifying the max number of half-open TCP connections or other tweaks), please undo these changes.

Next, try resetting your Winsock. Winsock is a big part of how Windows communicates and to reset it you have two options. You can use a program to reset your Winsock or you can do it manually with XP SP2 by Start > Run > cmd. Type the command: netsh winsock reset . Reboot afterwards for the settings to take effect.

If it is still happening, we'll do some more investigating. :) Maybe you can send us your minidumps?

Rick said:
The only unique thing about BT is the amount of network traffic it creates. Perhaps this has something to do with your network or Internet?

Just a long shot, but try disabling any programs that have control over your Internet such as firewalls, network analyzers etc...

If you've made any modifications to your TCP stack (such as modifying the max number of half-open TCP connections or other tweaks), please undo these changes.

Next, try resetting your Winsock. Winsock is a big part of how Windows communicates and to reset it you have two options. You can use a program to reset your Winsock or you can do it manually with XP SP2 by Start > Run > cmd. Type the command: netsh winsock reset . Reboot afterwards for the settings to take effect.

If it is still happening, we'll do some more investigating. :) Maybe you can send us your minidumps?

ohh, I did make modifications to the max number of half-open TCP connections(within my BT client) but I put them back to default. I also changed the Winsock, havent changed it back, I will try that and get back to you :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back