BSODs occurring at random

Ameldur

Hi,

im getting random BSOD's all the time at random, when playing games and viewing websites.

My system specs are as follows:
- Power Supply: OCZ ZS 750w PSU
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHz Sandybridge overclocked to 4.60GHz
- Motherboard: Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
- Cooler: OcUK H2 Flo Cooler
- RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
- SSD: Crucial RealSSD M4 64GB
- Hard Drive: 1TB HDD
- Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 6950 2048MB GDDR5 Graphics Card
- Sound: Realtek 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)
- Optical Drive: LG 22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter

I dont have much experience when it comes to BSOD's or troubleshooting, so be patient with me :) I hope i can get some help here! Thanks :)

EDIT: I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Forgot to mention that :)

The thing is though that the bsod's have only started recently. and they are getting more and more frequent. Do you still advise changing it?

Yes remove Ad-Aware and install free Malwarebytes and run it. Tell us if it picks up anything

Found two items, they have both been removed. Shall i let you know if i get another BSOD?

Code:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.61.0.1400
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.04.10.06

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
Ameldur :: AMELDUR-PC [administrator]

10/04/2012 16:25:16
mbam-log-2012-04-10 (16-25-16).txt

Scan type: Full scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 549555
Time elapsed: 46 minute(s), 30 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 2
C:\Users\Ameldur\Downloads\Codec-C (1).exe (Affiliate.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Ameldur\Downloads\Codec-C.exe (Affiliate.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)

System_Service_Exeption BSOD now while tabbing into Rift. Damn :( Really irritates me after paying so much for a good system.

Edit: Happened about 4 times now. Once while quitting the same Application.

I havnt scanned with security essentials. Ive only scanned with Malwarebytes like you said :) Want me to scan with Security essentials?

Doing a full scan now. If i find something ill remove it and let you know if i get another BSOD. If i dont find anything, do you want me to attach minidump files?

Yay another BSOD :(

The most recent file is "041212-6396-01".

Please let me know as quickly as you can what's wrong :) Thank you very much so far :)

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    177.7 KB · Views: 2
Minidumps point strongly to a hard drive issue. Not knowing whether it is the SSD or mechanical hard drive. If the SSD is the boot drive, tell me if it is connected to a SATA III port and if AHCI is enabled in the bios

The SSD is the boot drive. Will it say where its connected that its a SATA III port? Where in the BIOS will i find AHCI?

Thanks

Edit: Found AHCI, it was already set to "AHCI-Mode". Just installed a new driver for SATA (the top download under the SATA section here http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z68V/#download)
I will see if i get another BSOD now, if i do get one ill double check my SSD is connected to a SATA III port.

Okay, it is good AHCI was enabled, but still the SSD could be failing... Some models fail quickly

Random BSOD's are not a sign of a healthy computer, are they? Run a check on the 1TB drive or disconnect it temporarily. See if the BSOD's stop... Remember, the BSOD's are pointing to hard drive problems

I have not had any BSOD's today after installing that driver for SATA drives. I have however got a black screen once and had to do a reboot, i take it thats not good either. Scanning the 1TB drive.

Edit: No problems found on the 1TB drive, still no BSOD today. Only that 1 blackscreen. Whats next?

Thank you

Well im back again. Another BSOD, it seems to be alot less frequent now though. Attached the new minidump, has anything changed?

Sorry for double post.

Edit: And another one "0x0000003b" SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXEPTION.

Attachments

• Dump.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 1
Back