Building a budget PC - advice needed

So this is a build my friend and I created. It is about £750 in total but here are the key components:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1400
GPU - Radeon RX 570
8GB RAM

The main game I would like to play is Playerunknown's battlegrounds. I know this is apparently a poorly optimized game and people with better builds struggle to maintain 60 fps. My question is, do you reckon these specs are enough to play on Medium settings? I don't have much more money to upgrade from these as I also have to buy a monitor so any advice is appreciated.

If you can be happy with a low resolution monitor, you may be able to maintain acceptable frame rates.
If you have enough VRAM (4GB is good) and the poorly optimized game is not relying on virtual memory space (8GB is fine, but don't crowd it with other programs), you may not see much improvement except for the 30 seconds at start-up by buying SSD - so you might buy a HDD twice the size for half the price

Yeah the build looks good, and so does everything that Cycloid said too. I would just watch out for temps for your computer so make sure to get a case that can keep your components well ventilated along with the fans.

Yeah the build looks good, and so does everything that Cycloid said too. I would just watch out for temps for your computer so make sure to get a case that can keep your components well ventilated along with the fans.

Hi - question for agegundam - that CPU is a 65 watt CPU - not notably hot. Is there a specific reason to worry about heat? Other than the fact that a gamer may run a computer at high processing load for hours?

I have been using it for a while and I haven't been experiencing any issues, I have been using the stock CPU cooler and it's been performing well so far. I would be playing/streaming Overwatch and League and it'll be running at reasonably good temperatures. Always checking how the exhaust from the fan on the CPU feels and it's usually a bit warm if you've been going at it for a couple of hours but that's as hot as it gets.

How about this? ;)

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/dGY83F
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/dGY83F/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor (£190.83 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: *ASRock - AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£63.92 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: *ADATA - XPG Z1 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory (£50.63 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: *Plextor - M7V 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£63.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: *Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K3000 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£54.99 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR OC Video Card (£235.98 @ YoYoTech)
Case: Corsair - Carbide SPEC-M2 MicroATX Mid Tower Case (£53.76 @ Kustom PCs)
Power Supply: *SeaSonic - G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£86.31 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £800.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-14 23:51 BST+0100

Well, that Plextor SSD must be on sale in the UK. It's almost double that here in the colonies.

That having been said, the mobo you've chosen seems to support all M.2 type SATA devices. With transfer rates in the neighborhood of 3200MBs (6X SATA III !),, I'd like to see you investigate getting that type of drive, as opposed to a 2.5" SATA III. I think you'd be happier in the long run, and not feel like you've missed out on anything a month after the PC is complete...:eek:

You do need to do some research to get up to speed on board compatibility, or any other issues.

Since you'll ostensibly be doing a clean Windows install, this may not matter but, the drive cloning software Samsung supplies for their SSDs works flawlessly, (at least it did for me)), and you don't have to chase it all over the web as you do for some SSD brands.

Back