Building a PC

So I'm making a computer and I already saw the PC Buying Guide and it was helpful but I need someones opinion I want to make the Same pc as this Youtuber love the case as of now money is no issue, is this everything I am going to need to build my pc? Also I won't be doing much gaming at the most the only game I will be interested in playing will be minecraft I mostly use my computer for Cinema 4d & Sony vegas pro, The reason why I want a gaming pc is because my pc is super slow and when I render anything it takes forever if you guys think you have a better build let me know here is the video I live in the US so in dollars not pounds haha Thanks =D

[SIZE=32px] [/SIZE][SIZE=32px][/size][SIZE=32px][/size]

We'll need to know your budget. If you have any peripherals already or will need them included in this build. Will you need a new copy of windows? What resolution is your monitor?

We'll need to know your budget. If you have any peripherals already or will need them included in this build. Will you need a new copy of windows? What resolution is your monitor?

Like I said money isn't an issue but I guess I could say $800 is what I'm looking to spend, I bought windows 7 ultimate in advance its just sitting awaiting the computer, as for the resolution it's 1440x900 I have a smart Tv 46 inch and I'll be swapping that for the monitor. as for Peripherals not sure what that is guessing the stuff inside the computer? ill be buying everything mentioned in the video.

I asked for a budget because, you're going to be getting hit with all sorts of top end builds if you don't designate a budget. And, judging some of the parts in the video - you don't want that.

Peripherals - Keyboard,Mouse,Monitor.. etc.

Moving forward, as for the parts listed in the video. I'm not going to tell you not to buy them. However, they weren't necessarily the "best" parts you could get for your money. I didn't catch the name on the CPU but the whole build was pretty budget. With $800 you could build something much better than what was showed in the video. I'm not really familiar with those programs you listed. So, I'm not sure how demanding they will be or what scale of work you will be doing with them. But, here is what I think you should start with.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K ($219.99)
Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme6 ($154.99) - This is something that you could opt to get a cheaper board. I didn't really put much time to look into other options.
GPU: Gigabyte HD 7850 ($169.99)
PSU: CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 ($59.00)
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB ($66.99)
Optical: Lite-On ($18.00)
HDD: Western Digital WD Blue 500GB (60.00) - This is something I'm sure someone else may recommend a better part. For instance, you could work it out to get a 120-240GB SSD.
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite ($42.79) - This is something that is completely up to you. But, this case would be a solid suggestion.

This will put you around $791.75 before taxes. But, it would be better than what the video offered up.

Edit: I forgot to mention the possibility of getting a haswell CPU & compatible MOBO. That would be a option as well. But, these are just mere suggestions.

The build above is great, but you could also consider the following:

Haswell Processor and motherboard:
Intel Core i5-4670 3.2GHz ($229.99) or the unlocked version ($249.99)
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H ATX @ $154.99

I'm really not a fan of Corsair Builder Series (CX models) power supplies though, as they fail far too often for them to worthy of a mention on an enthusiast site such as this. So instead of the Corsair CX-500 I'd suggest you check these out:

1. Silverstone Strider Essential series ST60F-ES 600w @ $64.99
2. XFX Core Edition PRO550W P1-550S-XXB9) 550w @ $59.99 ($69.99 before rebate).
3. Seasonic S12II 520w (this would be my personal choice @ $69.99
4. Seasonic S12II 620w (as above, but +100w @ $69.99

An SSD alongside a mechanical drive certainly makes sense as well. You can use as little as 60/64GB if you map your user folders (My Documents/Pictures etc) to the mechanical drive and use the SSD purely for the OS and everyday applications.

I'm really not a fan of Corsair Builder Series (CX models) power supplies though, as they fail far too often for them to worthy of a mention on an enthusiast site such as this. So instead of the Corsair CX-500 I'd suggest you check these out:
I was aware of the CX's reputation. However, I've owned a couple and it's never been a bad deal. But, it's better to be safe than sorry - especially when it comes to power supplies. :p Thanks for providing alternatives.

No problem at all. I've had several fail on me as I used them on many budget builds for several months. Even one of my home computers had one fitted and that failed after a few short months. That's enough for me to recommend against any time I see them mentioned. lol.

In fairness to Corsair however, their TX, HX and AX models are fantastic and I'd happily own them (and that's in-spite of having a HX-750 blow up on me!), few models come close to their performance but the quality just isn't the same when it comes to the budget models, in my opinion.

These days I stick to Antec High Performance Gamer HCG-620's for my power supply needs. I'm more than happy with that but if I was pushed to choose something else it would definitely be a toss between a top of the line Seasonic or Corsair AX series.

Back