160 gig western digital HD
16 bit soundcard
Asus P5GC-MX/1333 Socket 775 Motherboard
4GB DDR2 PC5300 SO-DIMM KIT
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E7200 - BX80571E7200
SATA DVR-2910A5PK DVD-/+RW Drive
BFG 8400GS PCI-E 512MB Video Card
Rhino Panther 450W ATX Power Supply

i plugged it all in, got it to turn on... everything SEEMS to be working fine... but my monitor still has a window that says

"no display"

can anyone help?

Are you really using a 4GB DDR2 PC5300 SO-DIMM KIT? That is for laptops. You should be using 240 pin SDRAM DDR2 667. Also, remove the soundcard for the time being. It can conflict with the onboard sound until you have a chance to disable the onboard sound in the BIOS later.

oh, i see! i bought everything on outpost.com, and i found that memory under desktop memory... and i do have the soundcard unplugged temporarily

There is no way you can install that memory on the motherboard you bought. If you tried to install the memory, you may have damaged the motherboard

This is what you need:
"You should be using 240 pin SDRAM DDR2 667"...

Didn't you notice that the memory slots on the motherboard were much longer than the SO-Dimms? And that they didn't reach both locking pins at either end of the slots?

yeah... but it fit perfectly in the first half of the slot before the break... i just thought it was an either way thing... oh well, don't trust my judgment...

Hopefully you didn't fry the motherboard... You were brave to do this first build all by yourself. Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back